We amplify social impact by partnering with leaders to develop tailored solutions. Our mission is to use data and evidence to help leaders combat poverty worldwide.
IDinsight is a mission-driven global advisory, data analytics, and research organization that helps global development leaders maximize their social impact. We tailor a wide range of data and evidence tools, including randomized evaluations and machine learning, to help decision-makers design effective programs and rigorously test what works to support communities. We work with governments, multilateral agencies, foundations, and innovative non-profit organizations in Asia and Africa. Our work spans a wide range of sectors, including agriculture, education, health, governance, sanitation, financial inclusion, and other areas.
We have expertise in a variety of rigorous approaches and methodologies, which we tailor to each client depending on their needs and constraints. To achieve a positive social impact we:
- Support clients’ use of data and evidence for routine and major decision-making.
- Inform funding decisions – toward high-impact initiatives and away from less effective programs or approaches.
- Create and share tools, knowledge, and ideas that expand the use of data and evidence for social good.
IDinsight is committed to non-discrimination in our recruitment, employment practices, and organizational culture, regardless of people’s age, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Our diverse, growing team of roughly 180 outstanding colleagues operate in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more about our mission and values at www.IDinsight.org.
About the Role
Our India Operations team is the jet fuel creating and maintaining a uniquely dynamic and high-achieving multi-cultural team at the cutting edge of how evidence is used to improve global development programs. This team’s mandate is to attract top talent, play a critical role in managing IDinsight’s growth and end to end hiring for all positions, create the best place to thrive at work, and build and improve the systems to allow IDinsight teams to achieve social impact.
There is significant potential for professional and personal growth on this team. The Senior Associate- India Operations will have the opportunity to contribute to the running and growth of an ambitious organization in the social sector. There is also the potential for upward career progression on this team, as well as long-term opportunities to utilize this experience to transition into other industries or go to graduate school. We hope to invest in outstanding professionals who will become the backbone of our flagship India team for a minimum two-years commitment. We welcome you to submit an application and help us shepherd IDinsight through this unique and exciting period of organizational growth.
The Senior Associate – India Operations will work closely with Operations team and will execute the following:
- Culture: Maintain a culture of mastery, autonomy, and purpose. This includes driving our global culture and values, reviewing and maintaining benefits, team building activities and budgets, and executing employee surveys and improvements to the way we work.
- Executive Support: Provide executive support to the team with multiple tasks such as scheduling meetings, drafting communication, editing documentation, conducting research, etc.
- Policies & Systems: Make IDinsight the best place to work in international development. Specific work streams and systems include recruiting, onboarding, off-boarding, performance management, HR systems, alumni engagement, and policies.
- Office Admin: Provide administrative support to manage office and immigration support to foreign nationals, handle vendor management, office’s budget and expenses, team benefits (such as health insurance), and other support that improves team effectiveness.
- Organizational Development Systems: Critically examine and optimize systems that govern how we work, from internal organizational development to our operational processes and systems. These systems include staffing, recruiting, immigration, onboarding and offboarding, people operations, regional policy, safety and security, compliance and operations strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related discipline
- 2-4 years of work experience in the development/policy sector or consulting firm
- Working experience building and driving full life cycle hiring initiatives and knowledge of Applicant Tracking System for sourcing, tracking and managing candidates (experience with iCIMS preferred but all ATS experience welcome)
- Passionate about global development and social impact
- Intuitive understanding of the substance and significance of IDinsight’s services and how they translate to impact
- Detail-oriented and able to translate strategic ideas into structured work plans for rapid execution
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter and leader, including comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments and workstreams
- High level of conscientiousness and attention to detail – finishes work to completion;
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- Strong communicator in multiple fora (written communications, public speaking, teamwork and upward management), including translating complex and multifaceted information into digestible materials
- Strong desire for professional growth and development, with a track record of openness to give and receive feedback
- Ability to work with international, cross-cultural, and diverse teams
- Strong values aligned with IDinsight’s stated values.
- Willingness to put in extra effort when required to meet deadlines
Skill and career development are core to IDinsight’s values and long-term impact strategy, and have been noted highlights of teammates’ experiences. IDinsighters receive significant mentorship from IDinsight leadership, support from talented peers, and are given considerable autonomy when ready. They maintain professional development plans and are given “stretch” opportunities designed to strengthen a variety of skills. Real-time feedback is embedded in our culture and formal structure enables maximum professional growth. Additionally, teammates have access to an annual professional development stipend that they are encouraged to utilize to explore their career interests and develop their skills.
Nuts & bolts
Compensation & Benefits
Dependent on relevant experience and background. Highly competitive with similar roles. Benefits include two round-trip flights to home city per year, provident fund and retirement plan, generous leave, relocation allowance, comprehensive health insurance, technology and professional development stipends. We expect a minimum commitment of two years, but are hopeful that suitable candidates will seek to build a longer career at IDinsight. The preferred start date for the position is ASAP.
To apply for this job please visit internationalcareers-idinsight.icims.com.