Website NITI Aayog
Name of position
Senior Consultant (SDG)
Name of Vertical
Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
Number of positions
Method of recruitment
Contract Based through Open Market
Candidates should be below 62 years of age as on the date of advertisement.
Period of Contract
For a period of 2 years.
Remuneration (per month)
Rs 2,65,000/- to Rs. 3,30,000/- (Inclusive of Taxes)
Essential Educational Qualification:
Master’s Degree in relevant subject or BE/B.Tech or 2 Years PG Diploma in Management or MBBS or LLB or CA or ICWA or possessing any Professional Degree earned after a study of 4 years or more acquired after 10+2.
Desirable Educational Qualification:
Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, International Development or related fields.
Minimum of 15 (Fifteen) years’ experience in Government, reputed Governmental Organizations, International development agencies and Research Organizations. Preference will be given to persons with work experience in Social Sector/ Infrastructure, appraisal/monitoring of projects & schemes, published work/policy papers and field experience. The experience of internship/training will not be considered.
- Overseeing the adoption and monitoring of the Sustainable Development Goals in the country.
- monitoring the progress achieved under the SDGs framework at the global, national, and sub-national levels;
- preparing India’s Voluntary National Review (VNR) at the High-Level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development for presentation at the United Nations;
- developing the SDG India Index and Dashboard, the official and principal SDG progress monitoring tool of the country, for national and sub-national progress monitoring;
- working closely with the State/UT Governments and support them in a range of initiatives for SDG localisation, including the State and District Indicator Frameworks, review mechanisms, and capacity building;
- driving initiatives to improve the participation of the private sector in SDG efforts through SDG Investor Map and private sector integration for SDGs;
- estimating the cost to achieve the SDGs and developing and implementing the tools to attract finance and investments for the timely achievement of the ambitious targets under the framework through an online platform to facilitate investments;
- steering the development of India’s national Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) and the reform action plan to reduce multidimensional poverty with a view to raising the stakes on accelerated multidimensional poverty reduction so as to target ending poverty in all its
- Analyse and provide inputs in respect of various Cabinet Notes, SFC/EFC Notes and any other issues received from line Ministries. Liaise, develop and maintain working relations with other Divisions, line Ministries, State Governments and UTs.
- Any other work assigned by the superiors from time to time
The terms and conditions of engagement of the Senior Consultant (SDG) will be in accordance with the NITI Guidelines O.M. no. A-12013/02/2015-Adm. I(B) dated 07.12.2021. The guidelines are placed on NITI Aayog’s website www.niti.gov.in.
Note: The applications of the candidates may be shared with other Ministries/Departments for their utilization if required.
Submission of Applications: Eligible candidates may apply online on the link to be provided on the website of NITI Aayog within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement in the Newspaper. Applications are to be submitted online only.
To apply for this job please visit workforindia.niti.gov.in.