Website Educate Girls
Areas of Responsibility
- To ensure the timeliness and accuracy of books of accounts for book keeping, payment, auditing, and taxation purposes.
- Closing books of accounts on monthly/quarterly basis ensuring correctness of timely accounting of all relevant transactions, provisions, pre-paid, depreciation etc.
- Should have complete ownership of all vendor and employee related payments and ensure accuracy and timeliness of all payments.
- To monitor procedures in respect of checking and authorizing accounts for payment, as part of the finance team.
- Review monthly bank reconciliation statements of all bank accounts and update the line manager on its timely compliance.
- To receive and deal with financial queries and enquiries from departments or district offices
- To process Foreign Remittance. Coordinating with bankers for all payments.
- To ensure effective FD management from a cash flow perspective.
- To co-ordinate operational requirements around banking i.e. bank account opening, signatory update, FD management, forex payment etc.
- To liaise with internal and statutory auditors for auditing the books of accounts and provide requisite details including audit schedules, balance confirmations etc.
- To contribute to the analysis of financial information, preparing reports and making recommendations for corrective course of action.
- To provide training sessions to finance and non-finance staff.
- Work in close coordination with the Admin Team and Accounting Team to streamline vendor payment process
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures
- Assemble and review invoices to be completed for payment
- Verify invoices against purchase orders and ensure goods or services were received before issuing payment to vendors
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices, or correspondence necessary for files
- Type periodic reports and other records
- Obtain proper information and/or evidence regarding invoice payments
- Check vendor files for any previous payments
- Prepare bank upload files for e payments on bank portals and ensure timely bank payment
- Reconcile bank statements
- Input daily bookkeeping and record keeping
- To ensure accuracy and timeliness of monthly payroll payment
- To ensure accuracy and timeliness of all statutory related payment.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- It will be necessary to work with information technology and associated systems in accordance with company policy.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the position.
- Postgraduate degree in Finance or Commerce / CA Inter / CA
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in the Accounting and Finance preferably in development sector
- Confident, self-driven and a team player
- Ability to read, write and speak in English and Hindi
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office applications especially MS Excel
- Proficiency in Tally ERP
- Working knowledge of Income Tax Act, TDS provisions
- Understanding of FCRA Act (preferable)
- Analytical skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Leadership abilities
- Written and oral communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel regularly in the field – the state office/district office/village level
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.