Sambodhi Research and Communications Private Limited is looking for a social research professional to manage research, monitoring, and evaluation projects across Agriculture, Livelihoods, Natural Resource Management, and Energy Sectors. You will be playing a key role in the implementation of these projects and be a part of the growing team of sector professionals in South Asia. Your work requires a strong research understanding, including research and evaluation designs and methodologies, interviewing techniques, and qualitative and quantitative analytical skills. You are expected to stay abreast of the global peer-reviewed literature and be knowledgeable about cutting-edge theories and methods of M&E.
The candidate will perform the following key functions:
- Conceptualize and propose research, monitoring, and evaluations design across projects and proposals including landscaping exercises, cross-sectional assessments, impact evaluations, monitoring, and secondary reviews/synthesis.
- Design research, monitoring, and research methodologies and work plans for project execution.
- Design research tools for data collection using mixed methods approaches.
- Execute projects/assessments along with the team of enumerators including capacity building of the team for project execution.
- Conduct key informants interviews/focus groups/workshops with key respondents.
- Liaison with partner organizations, consultants, vendors, and other relevant agencies.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis with primary and secondary data.
- Assist/Lead the project team in the development of reports, presentations, and other communication materials. This may include research, drafting, editing, data analysis, and presentation.
- Make and deliver presentations of reports/proposals to clients/potential clients.
The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job.
Quantitative Research, Qualitative Research, Impact Evaluation, End-to-End Project Management, Proposal Writing, Time Management
Master’s degree in Social Sciences; Ph.D. is a plus
- 4-5 years of work experience in research, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Experience in contemporary methodologies and practices, with hands-on experience in writing and publications.
- Experience of working in social and development research in the management of large-scale surveys is desired.
- In-depth knowledge of Research, Evaluation, Data Analysis & thematic understanding of various sectors in the social & development domain.
- Fluency in both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience working with SHGs, FPO, NRLMs, and in rural development.
- Professional fluency in oral and written English. Spoken Hindi required, other regional language(s) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, STATA, or other statistical packages for data analysis.
- Enthusiastic about travel to different geographies.
- Enthusiastic about writing and creative visualization.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
To apply for this job please visit sambodhi.co.in.