Website Noora Health
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Bangalore, India
SALARY: Competitive as per market rates (depending on qualification & experience)
WHO WE ARE
Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones. Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With the support of six state governments in India, the Government of Bangladesh, and large private hospital systems, Noora Health has trained more than two million caregivers across 329 facilities. In a cohort of patients, the program reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to Deputy Director, Maternal Health, and Implementation Lead (Mother and Newborn, Care Companion Program-Karnataka), the Senior Program Associate will have the following job responsibilities:
Key Deliverables Maternal Health Division:
● Provide technical support in the area of Maternal Health Interventions in close coordination with the Maternal Health Division;
● Coordinate and provide technical inputs in the NHM PIP planning, implementation, and monitoring from the Maternal health perspective;
● Provide technical inputs in the area of various Maternal health interventions training like EmoC, LSAS, SBA, and other Maternal health training in the high priority/aspirational districts;
● Facilitate the development of Master trainers in the critical training related to Maternal Health, and support the MH division in the follow-up of the trained service providers;
● Provide technical support to interventions to address anemia, stillbirths, and perinatal mortality;
● Facilitate the identification of the gaps and weaknesses in terms of the critical MH interventions in the high priority/aspirational districts and recommend suggestions to the Department;
● Provide inputs for institutionalizing the review of maternal health interventions at the State and District level.
● Provide critical inputs in the analysis of the maternal health services-related data for more robust implementation of the maternal health-related interventions;
● Undertake a critical analysis of the Maternal Death Review in these high priority/aspirational districts and provide recommendations and suggestions to the Department;
Key Deliverables Care Companion Program
● Liaise with maternal division and represent the Care Companion Program at the state level
● Liaise with the maternal division for necessary permissions required for routine operations and implementation of CCP
● Liaise with maternal health division to support field activities of CCP as a routine activity
● Create and implement a robust monitoring process for CCP in the district hospitals under the consultation of the maternal health division and Noora Health
● Liaise with maternal health division for monthly, quarterly, and annual review for program visibility, customization, and supportive supervision of CCP at the state and district level.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
● Applicants must be an MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BHMS graduate with Post graduation in Obstetrics and Gynecology or Masters in Public Health/Health Management/Hospital Administration/Preventive and Social Medicine.
● Only candidates with fluency in Kannada need to apply for this post
● Minimum must have at least 2-3 years of predominant experience in technical aspects of program management in maternal health;
● Working experience and familiarity with the Government health system, NHM, and national-level maternal health programs.
● Technical and clinical Skills;
● Good training skills;
● Good skills in operating computers and MS Office packages(word, presentation, excel);
● Creative skills and ability in planning, implementation, and monitoring programs;
● Ability to understand and address development-related issues;
● Ability to work with diverse groups and settings;
● Undertake travel to districts; or as recommended by the competent authorities
● Experience in the analysis of data.
● Ability to work on tight deadlines with minimal supervision
WHAT WE VALUE
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.
HOW TO APPLY
Email the following materials with the subject line Senior Program Associate to firstname.lastname@example.org:
● A one-page cover letter describing your interest in the position and background.
● An updated resume, including languages spoken and relevant experiences.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com