Website India Health Action Trust
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. Pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IHAT set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) to improve utilization, coverage and quality of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHN) interventions and services in the state. The TSU has been set up from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through the University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
The Uttar Pradesh Technical Support Unit (UPTSU) provides integrated Technical Assistance (TA) to the government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP), which focuses on accelerating progress in reproductive, maternal, new-born and child health, and nutrition (RMNCHN). UPTSU works closely with the GoUP at the state, district and local levels to optimize RMNCHN programs and services. The technical assistance provided by UPTSU is integrated within the GoUP’s health system response for scale-up and sustainability. UPTSU focuses on interventions to improve outcomes in Family Planning, Maternal and New-born Health, and Nutrition, along with Routine Immunization, Digital Health, and other initiatives.
Director/Senior Deputy Director, Monitoring and Evaluation
As per program requirement
Job Summary :
This position is envisaged to lead the documentation portfolio within M&E unit and would undertake the task of knowledge management and documentation of various activities undertaken/to be undertaken under M&E. The person will coordinate with various thematic leads within M&E and will plan out publication of various evidence briefs and other relevant material as and when required.
Key Deliverables expected from the Job Role:
- Develop technical documents, brief notes, and infographics from the evidence generated through research;
- Review and compile all relevant M&E documents in a systematic way to develop the journey of work
- Support the team in developing the M&E related content for their respective verticals like government data systems, evidence generation etc.
- Undertake field visits to study and document the M&E related best practices and success stories;
- Organize, write, and edit technical guidelines, documents, resource materials, concept notes, presentations and other relevant materials in coordination with the concerned teams
- Lead the designing work of all the technical documents
- Maintain and update the documents required for the website and other portals
- Any other related task assigned by the supervisor
Key Inputs expected from the Job Role:
- Production of scientific and well-written documents
- Evidence synthesis
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Develop key knowledge products
- Coordinate with the team to constantly identify the areas for scientific writing
- Develop the skills of knowledge management and documentation within M&E
- Any other work is given by the line manager or organization from time to time
- More than 7 years of relevant experience and at least 5 years of experience in surveys
- Experienced in analysing large scale data sets such as DHS/NFHS or other national-level surveys
- Experienced in scientific writing and publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- Demonstrated cross-cultural, teamwork skills and ability to foresee issues and initiate appropriate action;
- Must be flexible and be able to work in a challenging environment;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Advanced knowledge in computers and team coordination & communication skills;
- Able to design documents and power points using designing tools
- Masters/MPhil in Statistics / Demography/ Economics/
- Mathematics/Geography/Managementdegree/Public health and other social sciences.
- Higher qualified (Ph.D.) candidates may be given preference
- Innovation & Creative Thinking
- Result orientation
- Influencing and negotiating
- Technical proposal/report writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Basic Quantitative Research
- Scientific writing and documentation
- Basic knowledge of mixed-method research
- Analysis and interpretation
How To Apply :
Interested candidates should submit their applications by clicking the “Apply Now” button provided on this page. Only a complete application submitted through the online portal before the closing date will be considered.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Advertisement End Date:
10 June, 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.ihat.in.