Website Indian School of Democracy
About Indian School of Democracy:
Vision: Redefining public leadership
Mission: Nurture principled leaders with moral courage and imagination, to work on strengthening Indian democracy through politics.
Our How: Indian School of Democracy (ISD) runs short and long programs called She Represents, Democracy Express and The Good Politician. We nurture leaders who will be the epitome of principled leadership, and will serve the nation with a goal to reach the unreached. We work with asspiring political leaders, and create pathways for them to serve through politics after our programs.
Three foundations of the program:
1. Relevant hard skills like policy analysis, negotiations, constitutional law, communications, mobilization, public finance etc.
2. Inner Transformation through immersion and practice; development of personal leadership
3. A community of peers and mentors, leading to sustained and collective impact in public space
About the Team: We really focus on political, geographical, religious, gender and other forms of diversity. You can read about the team on our website.
Role of Communication Manager: Our main stakeholders are young people who will eventually redefine public leadership. The long term and short-term programs, finds and nurtures these seeds of public leadership. Online and offline communications and outreach are a crucial part of this journey. ISD relies heavily on social media, online and offline communication and marketing. Our communication is written, visual and in the forms of documented learning. We need someone who can handle all the dynamic aspects of the online world. As an organisation ISD wants to build a strong team while ensuring team’s personal growth. At this point, we need someone who is ready to commit 2-3 years in this role, to build the institution. Your responsibilities will be:
● Manage multiple social media platforms ( Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc)
● Manage posts, responses, strategic advertising boosts etc for online channels and programs
● Write articles, newsletters and collaterals for internal and external stakeholders
● Manage design needs, maintain website
● Design material for both online and offline events done by ISD
● Create and maintain newsletter for ISD
● Take photos and videos during ISD residential programs – manage production, post production, editing etc.
Branding Building and Public Relations
● Build partnerships relevant stakeholders, alumni and organizations
● Reach out to media houses to build presence for India in English and local media outlets (print and digital) through press notes, articles, podcasts, speaking engagements etc.
Campaigns and Outreach
● Create and manage crowdfunding campaigns to build retail fundraising vertical of ISD
● Create campaigns about politics, youth and women in politics throughout the year to curate information for advocacy and brand building
● Oversee the outreach team’s work to ensure we can get maximum applicants for programs from across the country, fulfilling the diversity and inclusion commitments of ISD
Qualifications and Skills we are looking for in Communications Associate:
● Bachelor’s degree in some communication related field
● 4-6 years of full-time professional experience; preferably in design and online+offline communication / management (we won’t be able to consider people without full time experience)
● Proficiency in Photoshop/ Illustrator/Corel Draw, Excel, MS Word, Powerpoint and Mail Merge
● Video Editing
● Digital Marketing experience is a must
● Social media experience on multiple platforms
● Experience in developing visual and written content, handling marketing and outreach through online and offline medium
● Public Relations experience- existing relationship with media outlets
● Great communication skills in English and Hindi ( Written and oral)
● Attention to detail and process orientation
● Conscientiousness, discipline, rigor and ability to take/give feedback
● Entrepreneurial, resourceful, frugality, and sense of possibility
● Ability and willingness to work with people from across the political spectrum
Location: Based in New Delhi; the role entails significant travel across India
Compensation: Remuneration will be based on competency and we will be building ISD together.
Salary range for this role will be 7-8 lakhs per annum to begin with. We are hoping you grow with the organization, and we will revise salaries as we grow.
Application Process: To apply, please fill the form below to help us get to know you better. Note that you will need a gmail id to apply.
If shortlisted, there will be pre-work, followed by two interviews, a day at the ISD office and space for co-creation. Write to email@example.com if you have any questions.
Selection process can take up to 3-4 weeks to complete. Expected start date is December 2022 but we are flexible with that.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.