Website Indian School of Democracy
About Indian School of Democracy:
Vision: Redefining public leadership
Mission: Nurture principled leaders with moral courage and imagination, to work on strengthening Indian democracy through politics.
Our How: Indian School of Democracy (ISD) runs short and long programs called She Represents, Democracy Express and The Good Politician. We nurture leaders who will be the epitome of principled leadership, and will serve the nation with a goal to reach the unreached.
We work with asspiring political leaders, and create pathways for them to serve through politics after our programs.
Three foundations of our programs:
1. Relevant hard skills such as policy analysis, communications, negotiations, constitutional law, mobilisation, public finance etc.
2. Inner transformation through immersion in the several realities of India, personal practices of reflection and discipline and development of personal leadership
3. A community of peers and mentors, leading to sustained and collective impact in public space
About the Team: We encourage political, geographical, religious, gender and other forms of diversity. You can read about the team on our website.
Role of Outreach Manager
As an organisation our theory of change is to nurture young political leadership through our flagship programs – Democracy Express, She Represents and The Good Politician and our deeper constituency level work called ‘ Sarvodaya Champions’.
The Outreach Manager will be designing and leading the outreach processes for all our short-term and long-term programs. Given that our programs are non-partisan and invite a politically and demographically diverse audience, openness to interact and build relationships across political ideologies is a must. They will also be managing the partnerships with politicians and grassroots organisations.
As an organisation ISD wants to build a strong team while ensuring team’s personal growth. At this point, we need someone who is ready to commit 4-5 years in this role, to build the institution.
In your role as Outreach Manager, you wil work on:
● Curate a diverse applicant pool
● Manage Outreach for all the long-term and short-term programs
● Co-create outreach and marketing strategies for the programs
● Build and manage relationships with political leaders, grassroots organisations and media
● Conduct Outreach events – virtually and in-person
● Manage team members and interns during application windows of programs
● Coordinate with program, selection, communication teams and tech vendors
● Identify high potential applicants for the programs
● Research on potential partnerships with political parties and grassroots organizations
● Build partnerships with leaders across party lines and grassroots organizations
● Create engagement processes for nurturing relationships
● Conduct events and mini-programs in collaboratio with partners
● Attend political events and programs
Qualifications and Skills:
● Masters’ degree
● Atleast 4-6 years of full-time professional experience, specific outreach/partnerships experience will help
● Experience in relationship management and political networking
● Ability to engage and build personal relationships with people from diverse and opposing political ideologies
● Political knowledge and interest in democratic processes strongly preferred
● Experience of holding group spaces
● Great communication skills in English and Hindi
● Conscientiousness, discipline, rigour and ability to take/give feedback
● Entrepreneurial, resourceful, frugality, and sense of possibility
● Ability and willingness to work with people from across the political spectrum
Location: Based in New Delhi
Compensation: Remuneration will be based on competency and we will be building ISD together.
Salary range for this role will be 7-8 lakhs per annum to begin with. We are hoping you grow with the organization, and we will revise salaries as we grow.
Application Process: To apply, please fill the form below to help us get to know you better. Note that you will need a gmail id to apply.
If you would like to know more about the role and want to have a conversation, please send your CV and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If shortlisted, there will be pre-work, followed by two interviews, a day at the ISD office and space for co-creation. Write to email@example.com if you have any questions.
Selection process can take up to 3-4 weeks to complete. Expected start date is December 2022, but we are flexible with that.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.