Website Indian School of Democracy
About Indian School of Democracy:
Vision: Redefining public leadership
Mission: Nurture principled leaders with moral courage and imagination, to work on strengthening Indian democracy through politics.
Our How: Indian School of Democracy (ISD) runs short and long programs called She Represents, Democracy Express and The Good Politician. We nurture leaders who will be the epitome of principled leadership, and will serve the nation with a goal to reach the unreached.
We work with asspiring political leaders, and create pathways for them to serve through politics after our programs.
Three foundations of our programs:
1. Relevant hard skills such as policy analysis, communications, negotiations, constitutional law, mobilisation, public finance etc.
2. Inner transformation through immersion in the several realities of India, personal practices of reflection and discipline and development of personal leadership
3. A community of peers and mentors, leading to sustained and collective impact in public space
About the Team: We encourage political, geographical, religious, gender and other forms of diversity. You can read about the team on our website.
Role of Selection Outreach
As an organisation our theory of change is to nurture young political leadership through our flagship programs – Democracy Express, She Represents and The Good Politician and our deeper constituency level work called ‘ Sarvodaya Champions’.
The Selection Manager will be managing and reviewing the process of engagement and selection for all our short-term and long-term programs. Our programs are non-partisan and invite a politically and demographically diverse audience. Keeping in mind the diversity of the target audience (especially political affiliation and disadvantaged communities), inclusivity and contextual understanding needs to be an integral part of the process.
As an organisation ISD wants to build a strong team while ensuring team’s personal growth. At this point, we need someone who is ready to commit 4-5 years in this role, to build the institution.
In your role as Selection Manager, you will work on:
Selection management and execution
● Curate a diverse cohort
● Manage selections for all the long-terms and short-term programs
● Coordinate with program and outreach teams
● Research on best methods for selection from group dynamics, psychological, political perspectives
● Set up and manage the engagement model for both short and long term programs
● Conduct interviews, analyse selection data
● Train and support team members for successful execution of selection rounds
● Design and facilitate feedback processes to collate learnings for upcoming selections
Qualifications and Skills:
● Masters’ degree in psychology
● Atleast 4-6 years of full-time professional experience, specific selection and recruitment experience will help
● Some experience or exposure with psychometric tests and other tools available for selection
● Experience of data analysis and excel
● Experience of interviews and training teams
● Experience in large scale project management; process orientation
● Great communication skills in English and Hindi
● Political knowledge and interest in democratic processes strongly preferred
● Ability to conceive, design and hold group led processes
● Conscientiousness, discipline, rigor and ability to take/give feedback
● Entrepreneurial, resourceful, frugality, and sense of possibility
● Ability and willingness to work with people from across the political spectrum
Location: Based in New Delhi
Compensation: Remuneration will be based on competency and we will be building ISD together.
Salary range for this role will be 7-8 lakhs per annum to begin with. We are hoping you grow with the organization, and we will revise salaries as we grow.
Application Process: To apply, please fill the form below to help us get to know you better. Note that you will need a gmail id to apply.
If you would like to know more about the role and want to have a conversation, please send your
CV and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If shortlisted, there will be pre-work, followed by two interviews, a day at the ISD office and space for co-creation. Write to email@example.com if you have any questions.
Selection process can take up to 3-4 weeks to complete. Expected start date is December 2022, but we are flexible with that.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.