Website Ummeed Child Development Centre
India has over 50 million children with disabilities under the age of 15. With access to appropriate health, intervention, education, recreation and livelihood services they can be supported to become productive members of the society. Today most of them have limited or no access to relevant knowledge and services as the number of organizations and professionals in the space are inadequate to meet the need.
Ummeed, a premier non-profit organization for children with disabilities in India, was founded in 2001 by Dr. Vibha Krishnamurthy, a developmental pediatrician. Ummeed supports children with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential and be included in society by providing family-centered care to children with developmental disabilities and their families.
As an organization with a workforce of over 90 committed professionals, Ummeed’s transdisciplinary approach works towards:
- Supporting children in overcoming their disabilities through direct clinical services and helping families in their journey towards acceptance and empowerment
- Building a network of trained professionals and community workers who can prevent, diagnose, and manage developmental disabilities effectively
- Changing societal attitudes so that children with disabilities can be meaningful and productive members in it
About “the Speech therapist position” at Ummeed:
The Speech therapy team works with children with developmental disabilities, especially Global developmental delays, Language disorders, Hearing impairment, Speech disfluencies, Autism, Cerebral palsy and their families to develop appropriate goals, meaningful to them and their children, and accordingly implement the treatment plan.
- Assessing children with speech and communication difficulties
- Developing intervention and home program for the child
- Documentation: Reports and treatment plans
- Assist in short term and long term training programs
- Assist with logistic related work for the team as and when required
Bachelors or Masters in Audiology Speech & Language Pathology (BASLP or MASLP) from a reputed university
Essentials Skills Required:
- Prior experience of working with or observing children with developmental disabilities
- Commitment to working at Ummeed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Adherence to deadlines and appointments
Ummeed would give preference to a candidate who is interested in putting in at least 40 hours per week. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Multiple opportunities for professional development and working with multi-disciplinary team assured.
To apply for this job please visit ucdc.kekahire.com.