Website Industree Foundation
Position : Sr Manager -Fundraising
Band/Level : MML 3
Employment Type : Full time
Location : Bangalore
About Industree Foundation
Industree Foundation is an inspirational NGO that has been working on scaling of Regenerative economies, with a focus on underserved artisanal women producers for the last 21 years. Neelam Chhiber (founder), work with Industree resulted in it being chosen as the Schwab Foundation/ World Economic forum’s Schwab Social Entrepreneur of the Year for India in 2011, she is also WomanChangeMakers Fellow 2013 (Womanity Foundation) and has recently been awarded ET Evoke Social Entrepreneur of the year 2021 by Economic Times.
Industree Foundation has built an ecosystem that holistically tackles the root causes of poverty by creating an ownership based, organised on and off farm SME ecosystem for women micro-entrepreneurs. Their works to ensure that communities can become part of mainstream value chains and have greater control over their economic security and resources has led to significant social gains such as social security, better health care, improved resilience to crisis and overall resilience. Having already impacted 500,000 producers directly and indirectly, the aim is to strengthen millions of producers (the majority of whom are women) to achieve a triple bottom-line impact, i.e economic impact (including regular work, increased wages and financial stability), social impact (improved agency and voice for women at home and in their communities, and educational opportunities for the next generation) and environmental impact (focusing on natural fibre and organic raw material value chains, building new circular economies). Industree works extensively in Textile and Natural Fibre value chains with great potential to herald in supply chains of the future, that have positive social and environmental footprints. This is done by enabling producers to equitably engage with global and local markets like IKEA, H&M, Carrefour, Caravan and FabIndia through producer-owned enterprises, thus becoming wealth creators for themselves, resulting in resilience to life crises and helping society meet its sustainable development goals.
Industree currently works in India and Ethiopia, where it provides support to producers on various fronts – skilling, capacity building, market linkages, design inputs, access to capital and more. Industree actively dialogues and collaborates with the World Bank, the World Economic Forum, USAID, UNDP, Govt of India, Ethiopian Govt. and Catalyst 2030 to accelerate the growth and reach of its programs. Industree’s work on building the ecosystem is supported by funders and investors that include USAID, HSBC, Target Foundation, British Asian Trust, Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth, Bank of America, HT Parekh Foundation, Fidelity, HCL Foundation, National Skill Development Corporation, Grassroots Business Fund and International Trade Center, Geneva. It has also been able to leverage considerable support from various government departments in India.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Lead a sub-vertical within the fundraising vertical – Open Grants and Multi-lateral engagements. Engaging with large, international grant funders and building long-term partnerships.
2. Research and pursue funding opportunities based on defined annual targets.
3. Primarily responsible for developing all promotional materials, high quality and on time.
4. Proposals, reports, and communications with prospective and existing donors.
5. Brief documents, including 1 & 2-3 pagers, LOIs, and follow up letters to potential supporters.
6. Actively work on proposal development – proposal design, preparation of Logical Framework Approach (LFA) and writing.
7. Maintaining a funding pipeline document and managing the process involved with moving prospects into the pipeline.
8. All fundraising collateral, including creating, maintaining, and customizing.
9. Manage the grants calendar, ensuring timely submissions of proposals and reports.
10. Liaison with Communications or other departments on program-specific and relevant communications wherever required.
11. Ensure strict compliance with donor and federal regulations.
12. Any additional responsibilities that will emerge with organizational growth.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
1. 12-18 years of experience in grants management and/or fundraising and development at a non-profit organization.
2. Deep understanding of the global funding ecosystem and strong stakeholder management capabilities.
3. Experience in managing a team with achievement of target-oriented goals.
4. Experience in managing complex projects and budgets with tight timelines.
5. Experience in prospecting global donors, identifying funding opportunities, developing proposals (including financial proposals) and managing contracting of international grants.
6. Experience in preparation of Logical Framework approach and budgets for proposal development.
7. Experience developing proposals for both restricted and unrestricted funding sources.
8. Experience tracking and reporting on multiple metric requirements and restricted funding.
9. Ability to use time strategically and efficiently, maximizing slower times.
10. Outstanding judgment about when to proceed independently and when to ask for direction.
11. Ability to work independently most of the time, with the flexibility to switch gears quickly to a more closely engaged approach as needed.
12. Ability to create compelling proposals and documents that both speak to funders’ priorities and stay true to an organization’s theory of change.
13. Loves the challenge of continuously improving and simplifying messaging.
14. Is creative, curious, and flexible, able to find multiple, potentially nonlinear routes to the finish line.
15. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and executive presence.
16. Proficiency in MS Office
17. High attention to detail
For those interested in this role, please share your resumes along with your location, notice period/availability and salary details at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org