Website India Health Action Trust
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) works towards reducing inequities by developing comprehensive and sustainable programs to improve population health. We work closely with the Government of India and state governments to achieve its public health goals. Our work is focused in areas of prevention and control of HIV and Tuberculosis, in achieving significant improvements in Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health, improved Nutrition among mothers and children, and strengthening health systems. Our work is aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals.
IHAT has set up multiple Technical Support Units (TSU) for the Governments of Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka and Delhi and an Innovation Hub in Madhya Pradesh to provide techno-managerial assistance and coordinate with the Governments, Non-Government Agencies, Academic Institutions and Communities
IHAT has set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) with a support of National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) to support State HIV/AIDS programs, particularly Delhi State AIDS Control Society in the area of achieving the NACP goals and objectives, targeted interventions, strategic planning, etc. working with core / high risk groups and bridge population.
The Team Leader – TSU will be reporting to the Project Director – Delhi SACS and the Managing Trustee of IHAT
The position requires extensive travel within Delhi State
Job Summary :
Team Leader – Delhi TSU will be the point person and lead the TSU team activities under the guidance of the Project Director – Delhi State AIDS Control Society and will work closely with TIs and other government officials of the National AIDS Control Organisation.
- Overall in-charge of TSU
- Technically support SACS in mapping and site validation of HRGs and bridge population
- Support SACS in strategic planning of programmes based on mapping, need assessments and gap analysis.
- Provide technical support to SACS and DAPCU for preparation of evidence based Annual Action Plan.
- Develop district categorization and district wise implementation plans
- Develop monthly/ quarterly work plan for TSU along with budget and quarter wise deliverable
- Coordinate and facilitate coordination with DAPCUs on TIs
- Liaising with SACS, government and other agencies
- Coordinate reviews of the monthly plans by SACS
- Coordinate reviews of the monthly plans by PD, SACS with TI division SACS and TSU Team
- Provide supportive supervision to Team Leaders (Training and Targeted Intervention) and Program officers (including TI, STI, M&E & Communication & Advocacy)
- Assess capacities of TSU team members and build their capacity to improve program qualities
- Identify innovations in the field and facilitate knowledge sharing among SACS partners
- Provide technical support to TIs with a minimum of 10 days on the field. A detailed tour report to be submitted on a daily basis and complete report within 3 days of completion of tour.
- Identify and develop linkages between TIs for HIV services viz. ICTC, STI clinics, ART centres and CCC.
- Coordinate with Condom Social Marketing Organizations to ensure consistent supply of condoms
- As member of the TSU Monitoring Committee, coordinate the quarterly TSU Monitoring Committee meeting
- Submit Quarterly/ Annual progress report/ Annual report to SACS, NTSU
- Supervise Admin and Finance in TSU
- Supervise documentation of good practices and disseminate the same through various forums
- Experienced at leading large and diverse teams (more than 20 people) and has worked at the State or National level.
- Experience in working with government and non-government agencies at national, state and district levels with success in leveraging and linking with services and schemes provided within these sectors.
- An out of box thinker, able to implement innovative ideas & and possess good negotiation, communication, analytical and documentation skills in English and Hindi.
- Excellent English language communication skills both written and spoken are essential.
- Functional knowledge in local language is essential
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proven managerial and leadership skills. Demonstrated mentorship and team building skills
- Should be familiar with the organization and functions of the state and local public health systems/ SACS.
- Coordination and liaison skills. Proficiency in computers
- Passion to work for the cause of HIV /AIDS and openness to work with the vulnerable community, High risk groups and PLHAs.
- Previous experience in working with the state is desirable.
- Readiness to travel.
Master in Medical Sciences / Public Health / Social Sciences with 6-8 years of experience of managing HIV programmes, especially Targeted Intervention Programs with National and International development agencies. The incumbent must have experience in leading/ handling large scale TI programs and working experience in a Government set up, NGOs and CBOs.
- The candidate must possess technical knowledge on HIV/AIDS issue and excellent reporting and analysis abilities, capacity to communicate with various players at different levels and an ability to negotiate in a multicultural environment.
- S/He should be familiar with techniques of monitoring and evaluation of large programs.
- The suitable candidate should be familiar with the organization and functions of the state and local public health systems / SACS
- S/He will possess good team work abilities and the ability to work well in an interdisciplinary team.
- Candidate should be proficient in the use of computers
- Previous experience in the state is desirable
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, proactive
- Strong experience in and understanding of working with government counterparts at various levels
- Proficient at prioritizing tasks & deliverables
- Exceptional writing skills and presentation skills
How To Apply :
Interested candidates should visit https://www.ihat.in/vacancies/ page to submit their application. Only a complete application submitted through the online portal before the closing date will be considered.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within a week of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Advertisement End Date:
06 March, 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.ihat.in.