Website India Health Action Trust
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. Pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IHAT set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) to improve utilization, coverage and quality of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHN) interventions and services in the state. The TSU has been set up from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through the University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
The Uttar Pradesh Technical Support Unit (UPTSU) provides integrated Technical Assistance (TA) to the government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP), which focuses on accelerating progress in reproductive, maternal, new-born and child health, and nutrition (RMNCHN). UPTSU works closely with the GoUP at the state, district and local levels to optimize RMNCHN programs and services. The technical assistance provided by UPTSU is integrated within the GoUP’s health system response for scale-up and sustainability. UPTSU focuses on interventions to improve outcomes in Family Planning, Maternal and New-born Health, and Nutrition, along with Routine Immunization, Digital Health, and other initiatives.
Deputy Director – Quality, Family Planning
The position requires extensive travels to the facilities at the district and block (up to 70%).
Job Summary :
The State Specialist will be based in the state and will be responsible for improvement of quality of care of the health facilities in 5 zones across 50% of the districts of UP comprising of 5 districts. He/she will be expected to oversee and support the zonal team in the quality improvement process of selected facilities and provide mentoring as needed.
Mentoring, Training & Support
- Mentor the Quality associates to support facility staff particularly counsellors and Mo/ICs quality assurance FP service delivery in the selected facilities
- Support the quality associates by mentoring of MO/ICs and LMOs and other hospital staff in strengthening of the key areas of FP service provision – counselling corner, IUCD kiosks, Labor room and OT in the selected facilities
- Support the quality associates in mentoring facility staff on infection prevention and the counsellors on improving the counselling services quality in the selected facilities
- Work closely at the District with the district officials to support the District quality assurance Cell (DQAC)
Planning, Team Management & Project Implementation
- Responsible for project management at state level, developing work plans, tracking tasks, identifying & addressing gaps, reviewing operations and for other needed activities to meet quality objectives and deliver results.
- Wok with the government to perform gap analysis, risk analysis and develop micro plans for implementation of family planning quality improvements at zonal level to ensure necessary compliance to technical standards.
- Develop, review and disseminate guidelines, standards of practice, protocols and other tools to improve quality in clinical and non-clinical settings
- Coach, mentor & provide feedback to team for capacity building and performance management of all direct reports
- Provide any support required to troubleshoot issues at district level.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Support the development of results framework & key performance indicators and monitoring performance
- Ensure timely submission of monthly reports and timely update for the designated cluster of districts
- Work closely with the state program monitoring team to analyze data and take steps to ensure any gaps in strengthening are plugged
- Support in documenting best practices and developing plans to incorporate the learnings across districts
- Perform other duties identified from time to time by Line manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience in planning & implementing quality improvement initiatives at national/state level
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing FP initiatives in a technical capacity
- At least 2 years of experience in managing teams
- MBBS/ BDS/AYUSH
- MD in community medicine / Master in Public Health / Hospital Management or equivalent qualification will be preferable
- Ability to roll out quality improvement at community and system level, Proactive
- Exceptional Project Implementation & Team management skills
- Good at prioritizing tasks & deliverables
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good Writing, Analytical & Communication skills
- Good MS Office skills
How To Apply :
Interested candidates should submit their applications by clicking the “Apply Now” button provided on this page. Only a complete application submitted through the online portal before the closing date will be considered.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Advertisement Publish Date:
28 February, 2022
Advertisement End Date:
10 March, 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.ihat.in.