Website Alliance India
India HIV/AIDS Alliance (Alliance India) is a diverse partnership that brings together committed organisations and communities to support sustained responses to HIV in India. Complementing the Indian national programme, we work through capacity building, knowledge sharing, technical support and advocacy. Through our network of partners, we support the delivery of effective, innovative, community-based HIV programmes to key populations affected by the epidemic.
Alliance India works through NGO and CBO partners to support efforts that have a sustainable impact on HIV. We place communities at the center and work to ensure that vulnerable and marginalised people are meaningfully involved in all aspects of our response, including sex workers, men who have sex with men, people who inject drugs, transgender individuals, and people living with HIV. Our programming and policy efforts are driven by evidence of what works; quality and accountability are core priorities in our interventions, technical support and grant management.
To learn more about our organisation, please visit our website: www.allianceindia.org
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
The Technical Officer: Monitoring and evaluation will be responsible for providing programmatic, technical and organisational development support to Alliance India’s network of state level principal partner NGOs, their programmes & implementing partners; Managing CMIS and mobile based application, supporting programme development and capacity building; and support programme evaluations and analysis and provide feedback on programming. The candidate must have very strong in reporting and having experience in managing programmatic data and analysis.
• Under the supervision of Manager: Strategic Information, design and develop monitoring and evaluation plans, formats and reporting systems for partners and Alliance India office.
• Contribute to the implementation and review of effective monitoring, review and activities for programmes against agreed project deliverables.
• Support programme development and capacity building; programme evaluations and analysis; prepare
customized reporting templates as per indicators of the project and provide ongoing technical support to team on the reporting structure;
• Responsible for validating all the activity reported the monthly reports from the SR Partners ensuring quality of data
• MIS data analysis and feedback to partners to enhance the quality of programme and also maintain up to date and accurate records on MIS data and programme indicators.
• Responsible to ensure data quality through onsite data verification visits; responsible for providing training during visits; closely monitor and providing technical support in data collection, data quality assurance, data storage, retrieval, and submission
• Analyse and report Data Quality Assessment exercises to monitor the quality of data;
• Support the development of M&E capacity building plans of SR for needs identified; provide support for assessment and evaluation studies as may be undertaken under the project; carrying out in-depth analysis of primary and secondary data evidences to design, develop and implement community feedback mechanism, and community score cards;
• Analyse and provide strategic input to program team and management on the plan of action; Design, develop and deliver high-quality visualization and information materials.
• Support the development of tools and resources for use by Alliance India and partner organisations in monitoring.
• Support lead partners in developing and maintaining systems and procedures to ensure donor compliance.
• Disseminate the learning through presentations and publications internal & external audience.
• Support assessment processes within Alliance India programmes, lead partners and their implementing NGOs.
• Provide support to the delivery of capacity building programmes for partner NGOs.
• Assist in managing any relevant external technical support that may be required for programmes and partner NGOs.
• Monitor, review and evaluate the progress and impact of capacity building programmes.
• Establish, maintain and strengthen effective relationships between Alliance India and their lead partners.
• In collaboration with the Manager: Strategic Information support programme evaluation strategies and data analysis to provide feedback for programme planning & design.
• Support the Manager: Strategic Information in the compilation of information from attendance at external monitoring and evaluation initiatives.
• Liaison with NACO, SACS and other stakeholders in coordination and data sharing.
• Complement the activities of other departments within the team and provide support wherever required.
• Strictly follow the organisational work plan and individual activity plan ensuring adherence to quality and timeliness in required deliverables.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with community, partner organisation and stakeholders, etc. upholding the organisational mission and commitments.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Master’s degree in statistics, Demography, Social Science, public health or development field computer science or Information Technology (or equivalent)
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant monitoring and evaluation experience in the development sector
especially HIV/ AIDS.
- Strong experience in managing CMIS (Client based Management Information System) and mobile
based reporting system in large scale programmes.
- Strong knowledge in advanced MS excel
- Experience in data mining and big data analysis
- Experience of providing technical support to, and capacity building of organisations, especially
those working at the community or grassroots level.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel within India.
- Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Demonstrated skill in partner management and reporting.
- Experience of collaborating with community organisations and groups to deliver excellent HIV and
- Commitment to LGBT rights and inclusion and rights-based responses to HIV and generally to the
key populations affected by the epidemic.
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining strong and effective relations with donors,
government functionaries, media, and other stakeholders.
- Working experience on data analysis software packages like SPSS/ R/ Stata
- Strong commitment to team-working, collaboration, consensus building and negotiation
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel approximate 40% to 50% of time primarily within India
where the programme is being implemented.
- Fluent in English and Hindi.
- Knowledge in query languages for example SQL and Machine Learning / Artificial intelligence are
- Experience of IT implementations in public health setup
- Understanding on Covid 19, its impact and experience working in Covid 19 related programmes
- Good understanding of development issues and the HIV epidemic(s) in India.
- Understanding about GFATM reporting procedures and knowledge of donor’s strategies and
- Knowledge of other Indian regional language(s).
- Experience of working in programme related to most at risk population.
The position requires a strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health and NGO activities in India, and a strong interest in and understanding the relevant issues.
Alliance India is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are welcomed and encouraged from
people most affected by the epidemic and living with HIV. As a matter of policy, Alliance India operates rigorous recruitment and selection procedures and checks.
Compensation package will commensurate with experience. Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to email@example.com before the closing date. Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail. Mention your current salary details in the covering note.
India HIV/AIDS Alliance
6 Community Centre, Zamrudpur, Kailash Colony Extension, New Delhi – 110 048
Tel: (011) 4536 7700
Closing date for receipt of complete applications: 21st August 2022
Due to urgency of the position to be hired, we may go ahead with interviews with suitable
candidates even during the application period. Hence, interested candidates are urged to
apply at the earliest.
Please note that we will not be able to notify all applicants. Only short listed candidates will be
notified about the interview date.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org