Website Piramal Foundation
We are looking for a full-stack developer for our Mumbai office. We are looking for someone who is fun and inspiring to work with and is passionate about our mission. You will work closely with the co-founders and the development team to create products that are truly useful for our customers. There will be plenty of opportunities for you to further develop your own skills.
An Ideal Candidate Should
- Consider yourself a talented RoR developer with an ability to build a product end-to-end
- Excited about learning new things from challenges thrown at them
- Are proactive, self-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment
- Take ownership; when a task or an area of responsibility resides with you, we trust it will be driven to completion, on time and to high quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with a smiletdd
- Making mistakes quickly, learning from them and changing approach
- While using technology to solve a problem, putting yourself in the shoes of the customer / end user
- Think strategically, but with a bias towards getting stuff done without overthinking it
- Communicate fluently and effectively, internally and with external partners
- At least 3 years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Hands-on experience with basic libraries such as RSpec, Faye and background processing
- Have a background in functional composition of web pages using HTML / CSS, and turning a wireframe design into a well-formatted, user-friendly responsive web page
- Follow best practices like test-driven development, continuous integration, Agile methodology, refactoring and code standards.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git, Mercurial
- Good knowledge of schema-less databases such as Elasticsearch, Redis as well as Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Excellent problem-solving skills and bringing new, innovative ideas to the table to make the platform more productive
- Hands-on experience in deployment and maintenance of servers (knowledge about AWS, digital ocean, and their various services will be a plus)
To apply for this job please visit www.hirist.com.