Website TWEET Foundation
If this resonates with you then you could be what TWEET Foundation is looking for in Community Trainers who are passionate to work for trans* community and its empowerment!
About TWEET Foundation
Transgender Welfare Equity and Empowerment Trust (TWEET) acronym of TWEET Foundation is a community-based organization in India based out of New Delhi and Mumbai.TWEET is a registered society under Mumbai Charity Commissioner (registered in May 2017) and was established by seven trans activists in 2015 to serve the young trans movement, especially the transmen community that faces extreme gender-based violence and has been highly invisibilized. TWEET is a completely trans-led organization and as a pioneer in India, represents an equal partnership among transmen & transwomen. TWEET works to provide critical support to young transmasculine and transfeminine persons such as crisis support, shelter stay, health and legal resources, and connecting with skill-building and inclusive employment opportunities.
Our mission is to build an empowered, self-sufficient, and vibrant Trans movement in India by wholly caring for the welfare of transgender people; their education, medical treatment, legal standing, and culture and social wellbeing.
Overview of the Role:
- Conduct Trainings with TWEET and other training partners on Digital Literacy/Computers and Tech skills
- Conduct Career Awareness Trainings with TWEET and other training partners as a part time trainer about career awareness. Conducting career awareness sessions with a batch of Trans peoples. Facilitating the learning of the key employability skills to ensure the successful placement in the desired field of the trans* person
- Mentoring: As a trainer you also have to mentor, motivate and guide the batch of Trans people regarding different aspects of career and life by understanding them while regular interaction with them and their respective families.
- Building training material: Creating interesting and relevant training modules or lesson plans include spoken English, inter and intrapersonal skills, Computers and Internet usage to sustain and retain the interest of the batch.
- Placement: Preparing the batch for interviews, identifying the suitable jobs, giving constant feedback to the batch and also taking regular feedbacks from the recruiters
- Reporting: Reporting of the progress of the batch of the trans* people and individual people.
Core Qualities: The above position is only for trans* identified persons. The ideal trainer is someone with:
- Experience with Computer training (3-4 years of prior experience as trainer preferably in non profit/skilling sector)
- Empathy and a desire to help and work with young people from trans* communities
- Passion for training and facilitation and Excellent English language communication skills – written and spoken
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office
- Passion for continuous improvement, and high level of motivation.
- Understanding of the work environment and skills required for entry level jobs in organized industry
- Keen interest in the economy and the changing job environment
- A background in training is not essential, but enthusiasm, commitment and a desire and passion to understand, improve the various aspect of trans* life is a must!
Educational Requirement – Any graduation with relevant work experience
Location – Mumbai
Please send your CVs to email@example.com along with a Cover Letter
Last date – 7th Oct 2022
Be a part of a growing organization and a vibrant trans empowerment movement. Work directly with board members with years of experience in the non-profit and corporate sector.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org