Industry Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Work Experience 4-5 years
Salary ₹8.5 – ₹18 Lakhs Per Annum + Benefits
State/Province Uttar Pradesh
Zip/Postal Code 226007
- Lead the field operations across the geographies of medha that impact more than 10,000 youth/year.
- Put your expertise, networks and energy into action to help young people start career paths of their choice.
- Play a key role in building Medha into a global leader in the school-to-work space.
Medha better prepares youth for life after school. Our combination of 21st-Century skills training, career counseling, and alumni support propel young people on career paths of their choice. Since 2011, we have improved workplace engagement, income growth, and female work participation for 85,000 students across more than 400 educational institutions. And we are currently partnering with multiple state governments to bring our programming and approach to millions more.
We are supported by leading corporations and global foundations such as Accenture, JP Morgan, and The Mulago Foundation. We have received numerous awards and recognitions for our work, including the Echoing Green, Rainer Arnhold, and Ashoka Fellowships, the Dasra Girl Power Award, and were recently named a finalist for the Elevate Prize.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Medha is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices.
For more information, please visit: 1) Website 2) 2021 Impact Report 3) Program Materials 4) Strategy Growth Plan Deck
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY – AVP, HEAD PROGAM IMPLEMENTATION (CORE PROGRAMS)
For the last ten years, Medha has delivered a unique experiential learning program to young people in the ‘Hindi-belt.’
Based on the Four Cs of 21st-century skills – communications, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking – the program aims to prepare young people to start and excel in diverse career paths of their choice.
Constantly upgraded and enhanced, the program has evolved significantly over the last decade, along with changing student and market demands. As we look to the future of learning and work, we are doubling down on the program’s transformative impact on young people’s lives.
Medha is working towards qualitative career outcomes at the grassroot level across the 3 states of Haryana, UP & Bihar and expanding its work in other hindi-speaking regions. Learning from the ground, micro-innovation culture and effective execution is what has grown Medha from one campus in 2011 to a network of over 200 campuses across the 3 states.
While we continue to stay connected to the roots and improve and strengthen our program every year, we are looking for a senior professional committed to the “cause” for which Medha works. One who connects as strongly with strategic partners as he/she connects with the field team, and is responsible for an organized, process-oriented approach to core program implementation. The person will also be responsible for building strategic partnerships and organic growth of field operations.
Medha is looking for an energetic/charismatic individual who ensures program delivery and ploughs back the learning and innovations from the field into the program. If you think you are a “doer” from the word, go, then Medha is looking for you.
What you will do:
Your responsibilities can be categorized as under, though may not be limited to:
Planning, strategizing & monitoring
- Goal setting & target allocation across the clusters
- Monitoring the implementation of core programs across the clusters and problem solving
- Annual operational budgeting, analysis & control
- Identifying new growth opportunities
Process & systems
- Standardizing documentation and reporting at all the levels – area, cluster, and head-office
- Improving processes and systems for effective core program implementation
- Analyzing operational data and ensuring data-backed decision making
- Collaborating with stakeholders on the ground for core programs
- Area & cluster-level networking & ecosystem partnerships
- Driving micro-innovation on the ground and collating ideas, feedback, and learnings from the field
- Managing key academic & employer partners
- Improving program design & execution through interdepartmental collaboration
- Acquiring talent & motivating the field team
- Identifying learning & development needs for the team at various levels of the program team
- Assessing performance and recommending internal growth for the program team
- Executing an effective reward & recognition system
Communication & coordination
- Dissemination of program information both internally & externally
- Reporting programmatic insights to the management
- Building & developing programmatic brands
- Coordinating with finance and partnerships for better funder management
What your day might look like:
While no two days are the same, some may look like this:
- You start the day by checking Asana to check on team engagement, productivity & availability.
- You review a cluster report, finalize and share it with the Head of Core Programs.
- You visit the field to meet the VC of a state university to get the MoU renewed with them.
- You meet the field team at an area office and discuss the progress and challenges if any.
- You accompany an SRM/AM to visit a session at a partner campus, and also meet the campus coordinator while you are there.
- You interview candidates filtered by HR to find the best fit for the team.
- You attend monthly meetings with the finance & partnerships department for area allocation to funders.
- You plan and execute a funder visit in one of the areas to showcase our work and all its aspects.
- You close a partnership deal with a new employer interested to hire our students across the state.
- You work closely with the program design team for incorporating feedback from the field into the program.
- You end the day with a weekly meeting of cluster heads to discuss the progress and tactical planning for a program.
Things we are looking for:
Someone who identifies with our mission and vision, can connect with field team & strategic partners alike and has the knack for pulling off a geographically spread field operations.
The ideal candidate has the following capabilities:
- Ability to plan, strategize, analyze & manage programs
- Ability to effectively communicate with both field team and management
- Understands data flow, structures, processes & control measures
- Understands the target segment, needs and the sector well
- Understands innovation and program designs
- Has a strong business acumen with a keen eye on the market
- Is not only outcome but also “impact” oriented
Why should you work for Medha?
- A passionate team that is committed to a shared mission.
- Grassroots ethos connected to its student community (no ivory towers here).
- Audacious goals and vision to impact millions of young people and India’s growth story.
- New initiatives and exciting projects to get involved in and learn from.
- An informal and fun work environment that doesn’t compromise on performance.
- Space to explore and find your own solutions and path (no micromanaging).
Our hiring process:
Our goal is to be as transparent and respectful of your time during the recruiting process. We use a technology platform to ensure the hiring process is comprehensive, efficient, and well documented.
To apply for this job please visit medha.zohorecruit.com.