Website National Coalition for Natural Farming
The National Coalition for Natural Farming (NCNF) is India’s largest platform to bring together and build knowledge and capacities in multiple dimensions among all stakeholders to accelerate the practice and policy related to agroecology-based farming in its multiple variants. The effort is to facilitate the empowerment of a significant number of small and marginal farmers covering a substantial area of land over the next 10 years and more. NCNF is looking for a person with deep passion for and commitment to promotion of natural farming and an understanding of the entire ecosystem needed to foster change in this direction.
Candidates applying for the post need to have:
– A minimum of 15 years of related experience including track record of leading teams and programme management, with requisite maturity and proven skills and commitment of working with a deep sense of demonstrable respect, with farming communities and partners working with farmers.
– Strong leadership and team building skills with the ability to set and communicate vision and strategy. Ability to lead and work as a member of teams, including consensus building, communications, and leadership skills.
– Ability to work collaboratively with a range of people at all levels, including governmental and non-governmental organizations, grassroots groups and donors. Experience of working in civil society networks would be considered a bonus.
– A strong commitment to empowering women by supporting gender inclusive and gender responsive strategies and practices.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language. Working knowledge of at least two other Indian languages and relevant academic qualifications will be useful.
Women candidates will be given preference.
Salary and emoluments will be commensurate with experience and capabilities.
The key responsibilities of the National Anchor will include:
● Plan and support promotion of natural farming related initiatives taken up by the NCNF state chapters and thematic groups.
● Facilitate development of annual and periodical work plans of the Secretariat teams in accordance with the emerging agenda at state chapters, thematic groups and the steering committee discussions.
● Mobilise financial, network and human resources support for the natural farming promotional initiatives of the Coalition.
● Ensure effective implementation of programmes in accordance with the goals and objectives of the Coalition
● Develop detailed budgets for operational plans annually and periodically and prepare structured plans for mobilisation of resources.
● Develop evaluation methods to monitor implementation, assess outputs of programs/ projects taken up and their quality, learning lessons and to identify areas for improvement.
● Leading by example, build and sustain a high-functioning, diverse, inclusive, and collaborative Secretariat team
● Lead and support regional teams, theme anchors and other team members with strategic direction and resources, in a spirit of genuine democratic functioning with mutual respect and learning, and adherence to high ethical standards.
● Foster and maintain a learning environment by supporting cross-programme, cross-geographical and technical learning opportunities
● Co-creation of strategic directions and work programs with partners and building collaborative action
● Develop funding proposals to ensure continuity.
● Liaise with donors and ensure regular reporting and support, ensuring that deliverable benchmarks are satisfied in a timely manner.
● Produce accurate and timely reporting of programme status and future plans.
● Engage with all stakeholders, including media, research and education institutions, to get the programme message across and develop joint initiatives.
● Promote research collaborations, support development of research frameworks required for evidence creation.
● Develop a plan for and undertake policy advocacy with central and state governments to overcome barriers to implementation of natural farming at scale
● Synthesize emerging strategic findings from ground/ research and opportunities emerging from governments, funders, bilateral programs and embedding them in policy and program architecture and implementation.
Applicants may please email their CV and a 500 word note to
firstname.lastname@example.org. The note should include –
a) What do you understand by natural farming?
b) Why do you believe natural farming is important in India today?
c) What strategies would you deploy to scale natural farming in India?
d) How do you think we can transform the systems that govern the prospects of natural
farming in India?
Please also provide names and contact details of 2 people who can vouch for your
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com