The purpose of this Request for Proposals is to invite potential grantees with a proven track record to implement projects in the aforementioned thematic areas during the current financial year FY of 2023-24 and 2024-25.
Scope of Work
- The proposed projects under SBI- Cancer Care should focus on one of the below mentioned thematic areas and must broadly follow the framework as mentioned below:
- Thematic Areas: Early Detection and treatment of Cancer (Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer and Oral Cancer) through conducting Screening and awareness camps.
- Preferred project locations: Aspirational districts, economically vulnerable, remote areas and tribal dominated areas in Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Bihar and Tamil Nadu.
- The budget for a proposal should be in the range of Rs 2 Cr. to Rs. 4 Cr. (Rupees Two Crore to Four Crore) for a support period of 2 years.
Framework of SBIF Cancer Care
- Early Detection: Screening and Testing- Screening camps will be organized where the beneficiaries will be provided with free testing facilities. The women identified with symptoms of cancer will be sent to advanced government cancer care facilities which have agreed or partnered to provide treatment free of cost/subsidized rate.
- Awareness Sessions: Mass Awareness and creating Knowledge about cancer will also be created during the screening camps.
- Referrals for Treatment: Referral network will be created with the Public Health Care Facilities in the region and support will be provided to the patient confirmed with cancer in availing treatment at free/ subsidized rate. Partner organizations applying for the projects must follow the broad framework for SBIF – Cancer Care
- The Agency should be a non-profit organization/trust/society registered in India.
- The agency can only submit one proposal for this particular RFP. For example – If the proposed state is Madhya Pradesh, only NGOs having presence in Madhya Pradesh will be eligible for submitting the proposal. The same NGO will not be eligible for proposal submission for another state.
- Proposals should be submitted in English language only.
- The Agency may be rejected if:
- Annual revenue of the organisation for the last 3 years is less than 5 Crores
- It has political or religious associations
- Does not have the due diligence documents.
- The number of board members is less than 3
- The number of permanent employees is less than 5
Criteria for Agencies
- The evaluation of the agencies shall be done by the competent authority on following parameters:
- Alignment with Jivanam’s mission
- Project objective & rationale
- Innovation in the project
- Risk-mitigation measures
- Log frame & Project timelines
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation Process
- Project exit strategy
- Governing Structure
- The NGO should have a minimum 3 years of registration.
- The NGO should have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the proposed state.
- The NGOs having demonstrated capability to improve measurable outcomes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the intervention.
- The Agency should have previous experience of executing projects in provision of eye care facilities and treatment of curable blindness in remote areas.
- Although the selection criteria for agencies is being set on above mentioned points, the selection committee of SBI Foundation will verify the due diligence documents as per the checklist.
For more information, visit: Link