About the Organization
At Impact Hub Kigali, we believe that the world’s greatest challenges will never be solved by one person or organization alone.
To be the center and home of social enterprise in Rwanda.
To serve our community, facilitate collaboration, and drive positive and sustainable change.
About the Challenge
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and Impact Hub Kigali (IHK), with the support of USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA) and the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, are looking for solutions in Rwanda that address food insecurity through strengthening food systems. The IGNITE Food Systems Challenge supports the scaling of innovative Startups, MSMEs, and cooperatives with commercially viable solutions to address gaps in the food system. Each selected venture will receive up to $30,000 in grant funding & 4 months curated technical support to address business gaps.
We are looking for Startups, Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), and cooperatives with commercially viable solutions to strengthen the food system.
While all food systems solutions are invited to apply, solutions that address the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Gender Transformative Food Systems: Food systems solutions that aim to empower women, through employment opportunities or business impact.
- Circular Economy Solutions: Solutions that help reduce the environmental impact of the food system, promote greater resource efficiency, and support a more sustainable and resilient food system.
- Your entity must possess a valid registration/certificate of incorporation for operating in Rwanda and at least 1 year of operation
- Have proof of a revenue-generating business (total turnover in the case of cooperatives) of at least the equivalent of USD 5,000 for the full year of 2022
- Be a team of at least three full-time members dedicated to the MSME/cooperative, including the founding team
- At least 50% of your founding and/or senior management team must be from Rwanda/East Africa
- The entity must have existing key operations in Rwanda
How to Apply
Applications are open from 06 March to 31 March 2023 at 11:59 pm(CAT)