About the Organization
We are One Young World, empowering and developing young leaders to build a fair, sustainable future for all.It all begins with the annual One Young World Summit – the beating heart of what we are about. For young leaders, the Summit is the landmark event of the year. It is a chance for the individuals responsible for shaping the future of our world, to come together to confront the biggest challenges facing humanity. The Summit is the ultimate place to be inspired, share learnings, and connect. Together we raise the bar for what it is possible to achieve as leaders, individually and collectively. The One Young World Summit 2024 will take place in Montréal, Canada from 18 – 21 September 2024.
About the Grant
The climate crisis is one of the most important societal challenges of our time. Reduced emissions, less pollution, and healthier ecosystems are achievable if we act now. As the world continues to recover from the pandemic, it is critical that we don’t just return to the ways of doing things as before; we must continue taking climate actions to avoid the most catastrophic effects of climate change. To reach the goals of the Paris Agreement, we all must use this moment to find and develop collective and innovative solutions. We must work together in building a better, more sustainable, future.At Deloitte we are committed to addressing climate change both within our organization and beyond through our strategic initiative, WorldClimate, which aims to deliver on this global ambition. We recognize that change starts within, and we must set and meet higher standards for ourselves, empower our professionals and connect with our broader ecosystem to create solutions that facilitate the transition to a low carbon economy. We must work collectively to accomplish change.As part of this commitment, Deloitte is proud to support the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG13 for the third year in a row. Through this challenge we seek to empower passionate people finding meaningful and innovative ways of tackling climate change.In line with Deloitte’s ambition to address climate change through ecosystem engagement, the challenge seeks to support scalable youth-led solutions that:
- Reduce the impacts of climate change, and/or empower others to act on climate changeAddress root causes of the issueDemonstrate ability to drive impact and potential to scaleCollaborate with others to accelerate or broaden impactUtilize innovative approaches
The challenge is open to young people from social enterprises, non-profits, or community organizations.Note: projects need to be based where Deloitte has a presence.We are looking for bold solutions that reduce impacts of climate change and/or empower others to act on climate change. Examples of solutions may include behavioural change, technology solutions or scaling of technology solutions, education, nature-based solutions, community actions or collaborations.The solutions should drive impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Actively contribute to carbon reduction, carbon sequestration, and/or the transition to clean, renewable energySupport or empower local people who are undertaking climate action to improve their community, strengthen resilience and limit the effects of climate changePromote meaningful collaboration across stakeholder groups such as communities, businesses, and governments, to advance climate change solutions and resilience measuresSupport initiatives that develop job skills, improve educational outcomes, and provide access to opportunities within the green economyLimit the negative human, environmental, or societal impacts brought on by climate change.
Prize:The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2024A US$50,000 grant from Deloitte
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Deloitte professionals and partners. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG13 challenge. See ‘About’.Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Proven:Solution is readily available, being piloted, implemented, or scaled
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example, generating educational outcomes, employment opportunities, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Solution’s impact in society must be adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to grow impact after expanding in scope or size and/or into other regions.
- Technologically feasible: Must rely on proven or readily available technology (if technology is relevant to the solution).
How to Apply
Applications Close 1 March 2024.
You can apply here: Link
For more information, visit: Link