About the Organization
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
About the Grant
Climate Innovation Fund is our $1 billion investment initiative to accelerate technology development and deployment of new climate innovations through equity and debt capital.
We will focus our funding on investments primarily based on four criteria:
Climate impact – Meaningful, measurable climate solutions in the areas of carbon, water, waste, and ecosystems.
Underfunded markets – Investing where the capital need for climate solutions is not being met.
Shared alignment – Technologies that are relevant to Microsoft’s core business and that of our customers.
Climate equity – Ensuring developing economies and underserved communities benefit from climate solutions.
We’ll focus on areas such as direct carbon removal, digital optimization, advanced energy systems, industrial materials, circular economy, water technologies, sustainable agriculture, and business strategies for nature-based markets.
The primary focus of the Microsoft Climate Innovation Fund is to:
- Invest in emerging climate technology solutions that have early commercial traction and need capital to scale in the market
- Provide project financing to bring existing climate solutions to scale
- Invest directly in companies, with opportunities to:
- Scale new innovative solutions in the market
- Demonstrate the viability of new technologies
- Partner with other investors to meet the world’s climate objectives
How to Apply
Please complete our Microsoft Climate Innovation Fund form for consideration.
For more information please check the Link