About the Organization
Pure Ocean is an international endowment fund based in Marseille and Lorient. Its main mission is to mobilize civil society in order to support ambitious and innovative scientific projects for the protection of biodiversity and fragile marine ecosystems.
Through an international call for projects, then an analysis carried out by the five eminent researchers who make up the scientific committee, Pure Ocean selects projects with a strong innovative dimension, whether technological, ecological or social.
About the Challenge
Applications are now open for the Pure Ocean Challenges to support innovative applied research projects around the world, thus contributing to the protection of vulnerable marine ecosystems and biodiversity.
(Based on the United Nation’s 10 Ocean Decade Challenges)
- Understanding marine pollution and combating its origins
- Protecting biodiversity and restoring degraded marine ecosystems
- Strengthening the resilience of marine ecosystems and the people who depend on them in the face of climate change
- Improving their knowledge of the ocean-system
Selected projects will receive up to €40,000/year (average €25,000/year), for a duration of one to two years, at the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
A two-year project can therefore receive a maximum of 80,000 euros and support for certain projects can be renewed.
- The project must respond to one or more Pure Ocean Challenges.
- We seek out and support projects all over the world.
- There is no age limit, but candidates in the early stages of their career are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Only non-profit organizations (NGOs, universities, research institutes) can apply for and receive funding. The project may nevertheless involve collaboration with private, for-profit players (companies, start-ups, etc.).
- Applicants must clearly outline their co-financing opportunities in their budget, as well as a minimum operating budget in the event that Pure Ocean is unable to grant the full amount requested.
For more information, visit: Link
For applying, visit: Link