Website Bhartiya Jain Sangathana
Company Name: Bharatiya Jain Sanghatana
Designation: Program Manager
Salary: 8 to 13 Lakhs, per annum
Application Deadline: Jan 25, 2022
Reports to: Assistant Program Director
About the Program
The Sujalam Sufalam Program
BJS has implemented the Sujalam Suphalam program in more than 3,200 villages covering nearly 13,900 water structures across Maharashtra and in two districts of Karnataka, creating more than 10,700 crore liters of additional water storage capacity in three years. The program has rejuvenated water bodies through a demand-driven process, galvanizing watershed ecosystems, transforming the process into a people’s movement. Over the years, the program evolved into a high-impact, multi-stakeholder model, helping to make water-stressed districts water-sufficient. Yadgir, one of the Sujalam Suphalam districts in Karnataka has won the prestigious SKOCH Award in 2019, and the Elets Water Innovation Award in 2020 under the aegis of the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India.
Based on learnings from this program and BJS’ four decades of experience working with communities, NGOs, various structure-owner departments, and State Governments, a new program model has been developed to address the needs for convergence, scale, and sustainability in watershed development. This new program – Sujalam Suphalam 2.0 – has been developed with strategies to achieve integrated watershed development outcomes by galvanizing ecosystems at multiple levels.
Sujalam Suphalam 2.0 is a community-led initiative taking collective responsibility for implementing a government-owned, structured, integrated watershed development program, empowering villages to leverage government schemes for holistic development. The program delivers converged watershed development outcomes by harnessing strengths of district and watershed ecosystem players using a scalable, replicable, sustainable, impact-centric design.
About the Position:
The Program Manager (PM) will support Assistant Program Director in program implementation. In this capacity, he/she will directly oversee the planning, implementation, and monitoring of field activities within the scope of the program.
Supervision and feedback:
- Oversee implementation of the program to ensure that the same is on course.
- Regularly evaluate implementation activities to research and feed learnings into program design, if required.
- Provide feedback to the management on periodic progress (including key developments/issues) made against agreed objectives and targets.
- Coordinate, mentor & support Field Operations Team at every level (District/Taluka/Village) and seamless implementation of the program.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Govt. & Administration officials
- Develop synergies between various program stakeholders
- Ensure proper documentation for the programs.
- Proactively channelize services of volunteers to address program needs wherever necessary.
- Create and administer communication channels like WhatsApp as per the program’s policy
- Ensure optimum utilization of all relevant technology platforms and social media channels in the sector to maximize reach and impact.
- Continuously monitor and share feedback with stakeholders
- Collect best practices from ground implementation and disseminate them to the stakeholders
- Monitoring of training and action plan to provide guidance wherever necessary
- Submit action plan for scaling of the program to Asst. Program Director, whenever required Reviews & updates
- Monthly physical one-on-one meeting of District Managers with advanced agenda (district /region wise)
- Conduct field visits to monitor operations over field district/region wise on a Monthly basis along with District & Taluka Coordinators
- While on field visits ensure meetings with stakeholders (internal & external) Reporting
- Daily progress reporting to Asst. Program Director about day-to-day operations
- Weekly work done report with action plans & support required to Asst. Program Director
- Regular monitoring of dashboards, identify of actionable items, and communication to reporters
- Ensure that the key achievements are collected along with evidence from the field and provide inputs to communication team for dissemination on social media
- Create and Maintain district/region level documentation such as events, photographs, videos, best practices, and learnings
- Publish monthly operations and & E reports validated from Asst. Program Director
- Ensure the key achievements are collected along with evidence from the field and provide inputs to communication team for dissemination on social media
- Escalation handling (if any)
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Graduate with 10 years of managerial experience.
- Sound knowledge about sustainable development goals (SDG) would be preferred
- Integrated watershed management experience with ground implementation experience
would be preferred
- Thorough understanding of the latest techniques and methods in program management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in English, Hindi & Marathi is required.
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting, and budgeting.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and program management software.
- Excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Should be an exceptionally good team player.
About Bharatiya Jain Sanghatana
For more information go to https://bjsindia.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com