The associate will lead/co-lead the pilot and extended Caregiver Program towards School Readiness. The programme will have a 3 month pilot, followed by a 10 month full implementation. The program is expected to impact several hundred children across nearly 100 Early Childhood Education centres (Anganwadis) in Chennai, Kanchipuram and Tiruvallur. You will have the opportunity to work with national partners and a premier global research centre.
- Manage all facilitators working with Anganwadi centers on the ground – recruit, on-board and train facilitators, ensure weekly visits by facilitators to the Anganwadi centers.
- Visit all the anganwadis regularly and monitor on the ground operations.
- Conduct regular meetings with facilitators to monitor the project milestones, support them as required, and ensure timelines are met.
- Ensure facilitators are training the Anganwadi workers and are nurturing them to solve any problems they encounter.
- Take ownership of monitoring the centres regularly and ensure the needs of the centres are met immediately
- Engage with parents and Anganwadi workers enabling them to be invested more in child’s development
- Collaborate with partner organizations, attend review meetings and submit regular reports about the project activities to our partners and all relevant stakeholders.
Preferred Education Qualification / Experience:
- MSW / BSW graduates, those with volunteering or social sector experience will be preferred
- At least 2 years of field work experience
- Experience in working with and managing a team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and research capabilities (data/evidence gathering, analysis and interpretation, hypotheses framing and validation)
- Good communication and influencing skills, people engagement, networking and listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Tamil.
- Functional computer knowledge and MS office skills
- Emotional maturity to empathize with the perspectives/needs of team members
- Highly resourceful team-player, who is self-driven
Reporting to: Programme Manager – Ignite, Communities
Scope: Full time
Remuneration: 2.0-4.0 lakhs p.a. CTC, based on experience
Expected Joining Date: Immediate
Location: Chennai. Should be willing to travel to Kancheepuram & Tiruvallur frequently for Anganwadi visits.
To apply for this job please visit bhumi.zohorecruit.in.