Dasra’s bold aspiration is a transformed India where a billion thrive with dignity and equity. Established in 1999, Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and high impact social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding and talent as a catalyst for social change. Dasra nurtures strategic philanthropy for India and focuses on impactful programs such as empowering adolescent girls, urban sanitation, inclusive economies and child protection and care. With 21 years of experience in the sector, a depth of knowledge gained from working with over 1,000 non-profits and having brought $100 million in funding to organizations – Dasra drives collaborative action to accelerate social change in India.
Dasra’s Urban Sanitation Vertical:
Dasra follows a field building approach in driving outcomes in the Urban Sanitation sector for India. A field is a multi-stakeholder community including philanthropists, government, non-profits and communities focused on a specific social problem, working together towards a measurable outcome, and using a common approach to create impact at a massive scale.
- Communities of Practice & Field Catalyzation: Defining a common agenda for inclusive urban sanitation, to align and coordinate ecosystem actors around and manage Dasra’s work against
- Narrative & amplification: Building narrative, and package and disseminate knowledge to increase awareness of key stakeholders
- Data and Insights: Research, document data, evidence and resources on inclusive sanitation
- Engagement & learning: Engage with and create connections within key stakeholder groups – sanitation actors, donors, government, and community based organizations – to educate, promote cross-learning and strengthen abilities to translate knowledge into action
Dasra believes in the power of collaboration and multi-stakeholder engagement to achieve systems change at a sectoral level. To this end, Dasra anchors the National Faecal Sludge and Septage Management (NFSSM) Alliance, a national working group that comprises 30+ organizations and 120+ individuals across India. As of now, supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the NFSSM Alliance was convened in January 2016, with a mandate to build consensus and drive forward the discourse on urban sanitation especially faecal sludge and septage management (FSSM) in India. The Alliance works in collaboration with state governments as well as the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) and the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DWS), under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, which are the central ministries responsible for sanitation in India.
As the Secretariat, Dasra anchors its partner organizations to work on policy and government engagement for safe sanitation and has a strong focus on strengthening urban resilience, developing inclusive cities and ensuring access to safe and inclusive sanitation for all.
About the Role:
Team Leads at Dasra are responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the design and execution of various project on a variety of issues. With over 6 years of experience and strong management skills, you are responsible for driving impactful decision-making and nurturing talent within the organization.
- Developing policy recommendations in collaboration with sector experts around sanitation in national priorities, budgets and policies
- Supporting governments through evidence building and codifying best practices from 14+ states; disseminating innovative solutions to newer states
- Building strategy for institutional strengthening of a collaborative of 30+ NGOs
- Foster collaboration among key stakeholders including NGOs, government, and funders to drive sanitation outcomes
- Codify Dasra’s knowledge and develop strategy to expand to South Asia Region
- Support the team to develop and oversee project management systems and tracking of deliverables against the Annual Project Plans.
- Independently support the creation of one or more project plans/workstreams and management against those plans from end to end
- Contribute to team- and organization-level management activities such as staffing, reporting, internal taskforces
- Build and manage relationships with non-profits and knowledge partners
- Tracking reporting requirements across internal teams for external reporting purposes
- Under minimal supervision performs complex assignments and fulfills broad responsibilities where required outcomes are defined, but methods and procedures may vary based on professional judgment /precedent.
- Translate insights into team level learnings and efficiencies
- In a supervisory role, the individual usually handles work assignments, responsible for quality, motivation, training and problem solving.
Duration: Full time
Areas of Expertise:
- 6-8 years of experience in the Indian and/or international development sector with a focus on research, consulting, writing, knowledge management and multi-stakeholder engagement and sector knowledge of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Sharp written and communication skills, and able to build frameworks to communicate a compelling narrative with some, but minimal guidance.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to define project scopes, plan with some support and guidance, manage the project team and ensure work efficiency and quality while managing budgets, and adhering to deadlines.
- Able to interact with and engage funders with trust and confidence and begins to move from only execution to also managing relationships with some support/guidance
- Develop and maintain relationships with various external stakeholders with trust and confidence and guide them towards determined goals/projects/deliverables
- Strong commitment and ability to develop a team and nurture talent to deliver excellent results
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a willingness and ability to build systems and processes, work independently, bring structure, as well as think and act creatively in a resource-constrained environment
To apply for this job please visit dasra.darwinbox.in.