Website Akanksha Foundation
The Akanksha Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide children from low income communities with a high-quality education, enabling them to maximize their potential and transform their lives. Akanksha works primarily in the field of education, addressing formal education by initiating school reform through its School Project. Currently, Akanksha reaches out to the 9800 children through its 21 schools in Mumbai and Pune.
Position Summary: As the Assistant School Leader, you will assist the School Leader in ensuring that high standards of excellence are maintained in the school. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee the operations and smooth management and administration of the school to ensure that the School Leader is able to focus on maintaining a high quality of learning for each student.
You will be reporting to the School Leader.
What your role will entail
- Managing the operations and logistics of the school, including but not limited to the execution of all systems, processes and data requirements/analysis related to HR, Finance, Data, Government related and Administration
- Being the main liaison for all Akanksha Central Team support/administrative functions
- Supporting the planning and curriculum development for teacher teams as needed
- Modelling effective instruction by co-teaching daily and/or teaching one’s own class
- Observing classroom instruction and giving feedback for relevant grades/subjects of expertise and discussing relevant training plans with the School Leader
- Ensuring documentation and collection of effective plans/other resources from teachers
- Leading the recruitment of appropriate number of students each year from target communities
- Designing and executing the parent engagement plan for the year
- Ensuring student attendance through the year in order to minimize dropout rate for students
- Maintaining positive relationships with school-based government officials
- Ensuring that schools fulfill municipality requirements/regulations
- Assisting the School Leader in executing the performance management system for all school based staff Ensuring that the school budget is adhered to and providing ongoing analysis on trends to the School Leader
- Ensuring that the social worker is able to develop the team of helpers in each school
What do you need for this position:
● Bachelor’s/Post Graduate Degree and/or a Bachelor’s Degree in Education will be preferred
● 5-7 years of teaching experience(preferred).
● Experience in training teachers (theory, classroom application and feedback)
● Experience in developing and documenting curriculum.
● Strong understanding of pedagogical practice
● Highly motivated, persevering, problem-solving and achievement-oriented attitude
● Experience in school leadership (preferred)
● Knowledge of Hindi and Marathi language (preferred)
● Experience in the development sector is an added advantage
● Ability to drive the School Vision along with the School Leader, build a culture aligned to Akanksha values
● Ability to manage school operations along with the School Leader and ensure effective instructions are passed on through a well-trained team in a safe and secure environment that is conducive for the students
● Ability to work with the social work team to bring in a progressive shift in the communities from where our students and parents come, creating a positive and sustainable impact
● Knowledge of Child development as per different age groups and ability to transfer this knowledge to the team
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.