Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
As an HR Associate, you will support the implementation of the vertical strategy for all our stakeholders (Staff, Fellows, Volunteers, Interns and Consultants). Through the role, you will demonstrate operational excellence, problem solving and project management skills. You will also be responsible for laying the basis for a strong city culture and work closely with the City Director and other teams to ensure high engagement, development and retention of Staff and Fellows.
- Develop a strategy and implementation plan towards a high performance culture in the team Staff, Volunteers, Interns and Consultants.
- Executing hiring processes (sourcing, vetting applications, HR interviews, coordinating with applicants and hiring managers) to fill in key positions on the Staff team
- Lead the design and execution of the volunteer investment and engagement strategy for the city.
- Thought partner with Staff around critical policies like Support Plans, Child Protection and Code of Conduct and work with the City Director & Program Lead to build capacity in Program Managers on the same.
- Support the design and execution of tactical pieces such as recruitment, onboarding, development, performance management, transitions, exits and promotions etc.
- Create an ecosystem of support towards Staff & Fellow Wellbeing, in collaboration with National Human Resources and City Team.
- Support the Administration Associate through Fellow-related operations such as reimbursements, housing allowance and payroll
- Support and execute learning and development initiatives for managers and associates across all verticals in collaboration with the People Manager and vertical heads.
- Collect and continuously monitor data from learning surveys administered after every collective space and continually loop feedback into the design of the space.
- Support design and execution of monthly All City Staff Meetings (ACSMs) and bi-annual Staff retreats.
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of work experience
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge Management – Organizing and planning work and resources
- Resourceful, proactive and solution-oriented
- Project Management
- Data orientation and impact analysis
- Critical thinking to solve reactive, complex and critical issues
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.