Website Shakti Foundation
About the Job
Associate Director – Knowledge Management and Program Evaluation will design and implement a comprehensive strategy for knowledge management and dissemination, and evaluation of programs lead by Shakti. This is a newly created and a critical position that will strengthen Shakti’s role as a thought leader and system integrator. The job holder will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Shakti’s climate change programs achieve the desired outcomes, and that learnings and evidence are documented and communicated for greatest policy impact.
We are looking for an environment professional who is looking to make a difference on the fight against climate change, one of the greatest global challenges of this generation, and to work with a professional and respected institution.
Events and Convenings
- Develop strategies for events and convenings on key issues related to climate change and clean energy
- Develop, design, and execute the annual calendar of events including webinars, lectures, industry roundtables etc.
- Lead systematic documentation of insights, and briefs in support of events
- Organize convenings around topics of contemporary interest to bring together funders, policy makers and CSO experts for Shakti’s program design and development in the areas of strategic interest
Research and Advisory
- Provide expert guidance on collection, compilation and analysis of data relating to projects
- Guide research activities pertaining Shakti’s in-house projects
- Provide advisory support for project specific grants received from the funders for Shakti’s in-house projects
- Build capabilities in the areas such as climate and energy modeling to advise program work as well as funders, and national and sub-national governments
- Work on policy briefs, reports, data analysis to Shakti in-house projects and to those of Shakti’s strategic interest
Evaluation and Learning
- Design the Learning & Evaluation framework for Shakti
- Measure the progress towards the achievement of programme objectives and the impact of the programme
- Conduct evaluation of closed projects lead by Shakti and disseminate the finding through report, presentation etc.
- Share learnings from the project outcome to various platforms
- Develop inputs for program design
Fundraising and Donor Services
- Develop a fundraising plan together with the Chief of Programmes and Head – Donor Engagement & Fundraising
- Develop project concept notes and proposals to respond to specific opportunities identified by the Head – Donor Engagement & Fundraising
- Make programmatic contributions towards successful organisation of fund-raising events
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies
- Master’s Degree in Energy / Environment / Engineering or Economics from a reputed University / Institute. A Ph.D. qualification is preferred
- 10-12 years of relevant experience (7-8 years for Ph.D. candidates) of which 5 years’ experience in Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation work. Prior experience in managing programs / projects in Climate Change and Clean Energy domain is desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge of climate change and related issues, policies, regulations, and programs at international, national, state and city level
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of external stakeholders including government officials, and representatives from private sector, civil society organisations, and national and international think tanks and research institutions
- Excellent written, verbal communications, and presentation skills
- Superior teamworking and collaborating skills
- Drive, Commitment and Ownership for the responsibilities
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (maximum 3 pages)
- Statement of Suitability (one page): Please provide a one-page note on why you feel you are suitable to take up this role?
- Detail of three references
- Detail of current and expected salary
- Notice Period / Joining time if selected
- Applications received without Statement of Suitability, details of Referees, Salary expectations and joining time will not be accepted
- Please mention “Associate Director – Knowledge Management and Program Evaluation” in the subject line of your e-mail
- Last date for receiving applications is 25th February 2022
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com