Website Shakti Foundation
About the Job
Director of Communications will articulate and disseminate Shakti’s strategic objectives through identifying several communication channels within and outside the organisation so as to gain visibility and ensure appropriate representation of the organisation in the media, industry and in the global network that Shakti is part of.
We are looking for a highly diligent and confident leader, who can be accountable for the public perception of the organisation.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate strategic communications plan for the organization and its programmes including the identity, brand, partnerships, engagement in public forums and events, media outreach, and launches of initiatives
- Enhance the profile and visibility of the organisation and its strategic priorities across key stakeholder audiences including policymakers, civil society and media
- Provide leadership, expertise and reporting in all areas of communications (internal and external), and in collaboration with programmes and working groups
- Conduct periodic impact monitoring, including web and social media analytics and media presence, to ensure the effectiveness of the communications strategy
- Advise the senior leadership team on communication priorities including the timing of events, articles and other public facing activities
Brand Building and Positioning
- Cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media, key influencers, and community leaders
- Promote and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding Shakti priorities, special events, and other projects
- Ensure that the Shakti brand communication evolves with changing dynamics by constantly revisiting the brand Identity
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions
- Serve as the guardian of the Shakti brand
- Oversee the development of all print and digital communications including annual reports, board book, communications materials and electronic communications including website, linkedIn, twitter and facebook.
- Support the programme staff in articulation of reports, briefs, proposals, and support the editing process
- Collect and compile information from programme team members to create content
- Write or assign the writing of press releases, talking points, blog posts and other material
- Support the development of presentations, memos when required
- Provide effective writing support in research-related work and provide editorial guidance when required
- Implement social media plan to promote organization, and programmes.
- Develop video content for use on the website, social media or at launch events and public speaking engagements
- Support the programme team with media outreach
- Design and issue periodic newsletter(s) on Shakti activities
- Prepare brochures, newsletters and other collateral as needed
- Assist CEO and Programme Team with their external positioning needs.
- Support the programme teams to develop the communication strategies for their respective programmes
- Support the programme teams with the execution of their programmatic communications
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies
- Masters degree or equivalent in Communications / Journalism or related area from a premium university / institute
- 12 – 15 years of experience with demonstrated track records of developing and implementing communications strategy for the organisation(s). Experience of working with the organisations working on energy, environment or climate change is desirable
- Strong understanding of national and regional media (print and TV) and extensive media relations experience
- Strong knowledge of social media tools and ability to utilize them for communications and branding
- Strong understanding of branding principles and ability to execute brand-building strategies
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and presentation skills
- Superior teamworking and collaborating skills
- Drive, Commitment and Ownership for the responsibilities
Salary and Benefits
Shakti offers unique opportunities for challenging, effective, and rewarding work. We have a 5-day working week, plus paid time-off, and excellent work / life balance. In addition to a competitive salary, Shakti offers a range of benefits including health insurance, personal accident insurance, gratuity as per law, and ample opportunities for personal growth.
Please send the following documents to email@example.com
- CV (maximum 3 pages)
- Statement of Suitability (one page): Please provide a one-page note on why you feel you are suitable to take up this role?
- Detail of three references
- Detail of current and expected salary
- Notice Period / Joining time if selected
- Please mention “Director – Communications” in the subject line of your e-mail
- Applications received without Statement of Suitability, details of Referees, Salary expectations and joining time will not be accepted and considered
- Last date for receiving applications is 4th March 2022
- We thank all candidates who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org