Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 25 years, Pratham has grown to be one of the largest non-profit organizations working to provide quality education to children and youth in over 20 states and union territories across the country, through a range of interventions.
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Lui Che Woo Prize, WISE Prize for Innovation, Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org.
ABOUT THE STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS UNIT
The Strategic Partnerships (SP) unit has been set up to grow and diversify Pratham’s visibility, collaborations and funding partnerships, nationally and globally. The unit leads conversations with funders, partners and industry collaborators to communicate Pratham’s initiatives, funding needs and program priorities. In addition, the unit works closely with Pratham’s international chapters to drive overall positioning, fundraising strategy and stakeholder management.
Within Pratham, the SP unit focuses on optimizing available resources, developing program pitches and identifying potential areas of investment for external audiences. This entails working closely with internal teams on budgets and structures, as well as the Board of Directors and other committees to leverage existing partnerships and build new relationships.
About the Associate role:
The position offers young working professionals the opportunity to be an important part of Pratham’s work. The role will provide candidates with exposure to strategy building, decision making and relationship management while working intensively with senior management of the organization.
Key responsibilities of the Associate role are:
- Overseeing donor management and reporting of HNI and corporate donors, for Pratham’s international chapters (such as Pratham USA and Pratham UK)
- Preparing high-quality documentation for the SP Unit, including process documents, decks for external presentation and reports
- Supporting the Managers and Head of the SP Unit with researching external opportunities and platforms for Pratham to widen its presence
- Connecting with internal teams periodically to understand priorities and program strategies
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Preferably, Bachelors in economics, management, or development studies
- Interest in organizational strategy, relationship and stakeholder management
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to break down problems, conduct analyses, and structure solutions
- Strong communication skills, to produce documentation and communicate with a range of stakeholders regularly.
- Fluency in English is a must and functional fluency in other regional languages is preferred.
- (Situation permitting) willingness to travel to rural and remote areas of India, with limited amenities.
The SP Unit operates remotely, with all team members working from home. Once offices reopen, candidates will be required to work out of Pratham’s Delhi or Mumbai offices.
Competitive salary based on industry standards and individual experience.
To apply, write to email@example.com with ‘Strategic Partnerships’ in the subject line, your resume and an SOP in about 500 words detailing your suitability for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org