Website Indus Action
About Indus Action
Indus Action is a “do-tank’’ to bridge the gap between law and action with social justice at the center of our mission. Indus Action works towards securing a social protection safety net for vulnerable families by providing sustainable access to a portfolio of welfare entitlements. Our approach tackles multiple deprivations experienced by vulnerable families. It provides educational access to children, maternity entitlements to pregnant and lactating mothers, income and social security support to parents and senior citizens and universal healthcare to all family members to irreversibly move vulnerable families out of poverty.
Our teams are located in Delhi, Uttarakhand, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh and Tamil Nadu.
Delhi, Should be open to travel to different project management units.
We are looking to hire a Communications Specialist who is a creative thinker who can narrate stories which bring impact through communication channels such as social media, print media and videos. A successful Specialist will be someone whose expertise translates into increased brand awareness. They could move forward communication and branding goals through strategic story-telling oriented towards the needs of our target audience and quantitatively and qualitatively measure the impact. Most importantly, they would be someone who can merge these technical skills with soft skills of excellent communication and interpersonal interactions with a team spread across the different states to work collaboratively to collect stories and data. The role would involve the following activities indicatively:
Strategize and Brainstorm
- Work with the team and/or vendors to brainstorm content ideas, to create stories around the organization’s work and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Collect and cover groundwork of the team, recording stories of families.
- Create authentic content for all of Indus Action’s audience through press releases, website, social media, infographics, blogs, newsletters, scripts for videos.
Stakeholder Specific Communication
- Create content (creatives, emailers and other social media campaigns) for specific stakeholders with a focus on funders.
Monitor Qualitative and Quantitative Metrics
- Support and evaluate results of communication strategies with the team and optimize our communication strategies.
- Adhere to the organization’s style guide, ensuring that we produce a high-quality and error-free copy.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Ability to speak and create content both in English and Hindi
- Comfort with usage of SEO/SEM tools to analyze social media engagement and website traffic.
- Ability to create content and use software like Microsoft Office/ Indesign/Photoshop/CorelDraw/Canva
- Skills to create short videos for website/social platforms
- Basic knowledge of photography and videography
- Previous experience with fundraising/funder based communications
Competencies and Values
- Rigor and attention to detail
- Time management with competing work streams
- Ability to keep calm during pressure situations
- Adaptable and flexible in working style, comfortable with ambiguity
English, Hindi (verbal/writing), Others, if any.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Media relations, Public relations, or a related field (essential).
Minimum 3 years experience in communications strategy development with:
- Background in the area of social protection and development in non-profit organizations.
- At least two years of experience as brand strategist, creating content for different stakeholders and running campaigns for fundraising.
The range of compensation will be between 3-6 LPA depending on qualifications, experience and fit to the role and Indus Action’s compensation benchmarking rubric.
To apply for this job please visit indusaction.zohorecruit.com.