Website Child Rights and You
Function / Division: Finance
Location: Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata
Do YOU stop and look at the child on the street and feel the urge to do SOMETHING?
Have you often questioned how “things” ought to change and have a strong will to make things happen. Then maybe this is one chance to use it to make a change –in the lives of Indian Children and in Yours.
Because the role we are offering is like no regular job. Not only does it require razor sharp brains and deft, experienced hands but also a Heart- bigger the better.
CRY is India’s most trusted NGO working on the issue of child rights for the last 42 years. Over the years CRY has impacted the lives of over 3 million children in India. CRY has many firsts to her credit over the years in Resource Generation, Development Support, Brand Communications, People practices, and Finance. CRY’s reach is Pan India with a presence in 19 states. CRY works to ensure happier childhoods for India’s children
- To formulate, monitor, optimize and control financial processes for CRY including establishing and maintaining effective and efficient planning, budgeting, performance-monitoring and risk-management systems.
- As part of the leadership team, develop CRY’s vision mission & strategy & monitor its implementation
- Ensure consistent communication and interpretation of the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Develop annual budgets and review financial performance against planned income and expenditure, undertake financial modeling and provide financial MIS for all key decision making.
- Establish financial control systems and procedures, and ensure implementation of and adherence to the same. Ensure implementation of the necessary common accounting procedures across locations
- Monitor the performance of the organization against established quantitative and qualitative targets, ensure regular information flow to and from the branches and functions with respect to current performance, areas of achievement/improvement, and variances against budgets
- Undertake monitoring of branch financial activities and provide branches with the necessary support, assist branches and functions to achieve synergies and cascade the organizational plans and targets
- Conduct regular audits of financial systems and ensure that exceptions are highlighted analyzed and managed
- Effectively manage funds by pertinent and timely investment and fund-management activities for maximizing return on investment, minimizing risk and maintaining optimum liquidity
- Undertake effective tax planning at the organizational level (direct and indirect taxation) and provide inputs for commercial decisions
- Undertake advance planning for fund-flows, and ensure effective and efficient cash-flows for disbursal (long and short term) while maintaining planned profitability levels Formulate a financial strategy for CRY in line with business goals and ensure that the organization is able to meet its funding obligations
- Provide inputs on CRY’s expansion into new geographies on governance models, taxation norms, statutory requirements, etc.
- Manage relationship with regulatory authorities to ensure that CRY’s financial status (such as tax exempt status) is maintained. Confirming with Government rules and regulations and ensuring compliance.
You should be a chartered accountant/MBA Finance with 15-20 years of experience with at least 3 years in a leadership position .Experience in a Funding organization and/or development sector would be an added advantage. You are a master with numbers and have impeccable integrity. You have an in-depth understanding of Finance operations and how financial systems can support and maximize the resources.
If this sounds like you , And you are looking for meaningful work experience and not just for monetary returns, Please send updated cv mentioning current and expected ctc to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org