Website Quest Alliance
Quest Alliance is looking for District Program Coordinators at multiple locations of Jharkhand to support the Program Associate in planning and execution of school-level activities in collaboration with teachers and principals as well as to capture data, stories, and reflection to strengthen the project implementation.
Location: Multiple locations in Jharkhand
At Quest Alliance, we transform learning ecosystems through education technology, capacity building, and collaboration to build 21st-century skills for learners and facilitators
We are a not-for-proﬁt trust that focuses on research-led innovation and advocacy in the ﬁeld of teaching and learning. We engage with educators, civil society, government institutions and corporate organizations to demonstrate and enable scalable and replicable solutions in school education and vocational training
At Quest you will get the opportunity to apply your skills and contribute to addressing issues around quality education and skills training. The organization gives you the space to learn and grow in a fun and engaging environment. We have an eclectic group of people working at Quest drawn from diverse disciplines including Education, Technology, Design, Youth Development and Business.
About the Program
The main objective of this program is to make the School a Joyful learning space for building 21st century skills of students to become self-learners.
In partnership with BEPC (Bihar Education Project council) Quest is running Anandshala program across 996 Govt schools of Samastipur District. In April 2018, the program expanded to Deoghar, Jharkhand as part of Dasra Education Collaborative and the programme is being implemented with the support of two local partner NGOs having Quest playing the role of technical support and funding.
Anandshala is expanding its operations in Jharkhand. The programme would intervene in government residential schools for girls across 5-10 districts of Jharkhand. Anandshala would be supporting implementation of the Socio Emotional Learning curriculum in the residential schools by providing ongoing support to school teachers, principals and through parent engagement.
About the Role
Quest Alliance is seeking an individual who will play the role of District Program Coordinator for the project. S/He would support the Program Associate in planning and execution of school level activities in collaboration with teachers and principals as well as to capture data, stories and reflection to strengthen the project implementation.
S/He would be required to travel to project districts, visit schools and meet relevant stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Ensuring School Level Support
- Support Programme Associates(PA) to plan the school visits.
- Support Programme Associates to plan and conduct key school level activities to promote and integrate the School Health and Wellness Curriculum.
- The District Program officers would support the PA’s to conduct the below mentioned activities with the teachers and HMs of selected schools.
- Demonstration session on specific sessions of School Health and Wellness Curriculum
- Planning meetings and review meetings at school level
- School visioning exercise
- Activating Student’s Council and support them to create change projects focused on School Health and Wellness Curriculum
- Support PA’s to prepare the agenda of the SMC meetings. Ensure that the SMC meetings have agenda points related to School Health and Wellness Curriculum.
- Support PA’s for planning of PTA meetings. Ensure that the PTA meetings have agenda points related to School Health and Wellness Curriculum.
- Support PAs to plan specific activities of School Health and Wellness Curriculum for integration in the morning assembly
- Support PAs to plan specific activities of School Health and Wellness Curriculum for integration in the Last Class
- Lead the planning and implementation of any other project activities
Provide Support to Programme Associates for Implementation of the Project as per the project framework and plan.
- Developing session plans, template and content as per requirement of Program.
- Piloting and demonstrating it with the team in respective schools and Blocks.
- Coordinate and co-facilitate regular team meetings with PA’s to understand the programme realities and provide required support
- Make joint visits with PA’s
Relationship Management – Stakeholders
- Leading and Facilitating the process to build relationships between PAs, teachers and HMs.
- Be the focal point for the HMs in the block/district and keep them informed about the progress of work and plan along with them.
- Facilitating the Process of Parents Engagement in assingned Intervention District.
- Ensure creation of database for share out of IVRS messages to the Parent body
- Support for coordination and Liasioning with the Education department at district level.
- You will manage the Programme Associate under the project.
- Providing Support to team members to understand the nuances of Anandshala programme, key
- Project activities and objectives.
- Working closely with the Content and Capacity Building team to provide support in developing content as per requirement of Program.
- Support M & E team to implement monitoring tools as per the project framework
- Working closely with the M&E team to ensure documentation of programme and capturing of data as per the indicator defined in Work plan.
- Compile the field level data as per the framework
- Support Programme Associates to make meaning of the data captured for each school
- Document and share the best practices in the schools for publication in monthly reports.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports tracking progress against the work plan and implementation schedules
- Use the appropriate M&E tools for reporting on a regular basisSupport with the documentation of training/ meeting/ event reports
- Support coordination of baseline/ end line and other assessments
- Ensure data is updated in the database
- Support all reporting requirements such as quarter reviews, annual reviews
- Participate in team meetings, reviews and staff engagement activities
- Be available for regular line management meetings and the appraisal processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Graduate or Postgraduate
- Relevant experience of 3-6 years
- Experience in managing M&E tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi
- Excellent IT skills
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to train, build capacity of, and manage relationships with partner NGOs
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other teams
Women candidates are encouraged to apply!
Due to the enormity of applications received, Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
To apply for this job please visit questalliance.zohorecruit.com.