Website Universe Simplified
The HR & Admin Manager role is a highly critical role for the day to day functioning of the office. The person will be responsible to lead the HR function and execute all the administrative tasks. The Manager will help set an HR policy and plan and drive its execution. The person will manage the recruitment & selection process as well as contribute to team development and ensure a robust workplace culture. The Manager will support data management and financial reporting to the donors.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
A. HUMAN RESOURCES:
- Recruitment, Selection & Onboarding of new team membersCreating an annual recruitment calendar and plan hiring of the program team and full-time Fellows who are part of the USF STEM Fellowship program.
- Preparing Job descriptions and maintaining the recruitment database.
- Undertake scouting and outreach for candidates by leveraging local networks and partners and creating visibility through different channels.
- Managing the end-to-end selection process in a timely and efficient manner from reviewing and shortlisting applications, coordinating, setting up interview panels and conducting the first round of interviews.
- Completing all the necessary documentation such as offer letters, agreements and physical workplace requirements for onboarding of team and Fellows.
- Designing and undertaking an induction program for the newly joined team members.
HR Policy & Payroll
- Maintaining Employee record software for calculation of leaves, attendance and compensation. Handling the entire payroll process.
- Creating HR policies as per the needs, validating them through external experts and ensuring its compliance and effective implementation across the organization.
- Creating an employee grievance policy and committee to address the issues and problems faced by the employees and resolve them in a timely and professional manner.
Reviews, Team Development & Culture
- Building a strong work culture by collaborative sharing and communicating the organizational vision, values and ethics through well-designed activities with the team regularly.
- Setting up of the periodic quarterly reviews for all team members.
- Identifying the training and development needs of the team based on the reviews and creating a training calendar. Reaching out to trainers and ensuring that the training sessions are undertaken.
- Organizing annual retreats for the team.
B. ADMIN FUNCTION:
Filing & Documentation
- Maintaining cash registers, bill registers, vendor invoices, receipts and other official documents as required. Preparing 80G receipts for donors and couriering to them.
- Inventory & StockPurchasing office-related items (chairs, cupboards, stationery) and vehicle requirement for the program team to travel on the field. Overseeing inventory management, purchases and payments.
- Ensuring that there is smooth functioning and cleanliness in the office premises.
- Overseeing the office assistant/ coordinator position and guiding regularly to ensure the execution of their tasks effectively.
C. SUPPORT TO FINANCE FUNCTION:
- Support in financial reporting to donors using ERP software. Using the software to upload and maintain donor-related data.
- Maintaining legal documents like MOUs and partner agreements.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong execution ability to manage the day-to-day tasks in a timely and efficient way.
- Taking ownership of the role and the tasks given and a drive to fulfill work.
- Planner and self-starter, taking initiative and responsibility in ensuring that the desired results and outcomes are achieved.
- Ability to take timely decisions and time management, being resourceful and flexible to accommodate the dynamics of a work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and networking ability to interact with external stakeholders and rapport building with the team.
- Good documentation skills for data management and being process-oriented.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, using creative thinking and multi-tasking along with ensuring meeting deadlines.
- Strong work ethics, ability to work independently and being a team player and problem-solving as and when required.
Universe Simplified Foundation (USF) is a Mumbai based non-profit working to make inquiry-driven, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) education accessible to all. For more information, you may watch a short video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpCJEATbQYc.
Age: Above 21 years
Language requirement: English, Hindi & Marathi
Work experience: 2 – 3 years in admin/ HR role
Minimum education requirement: None
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Basic Finance/ Budget knowledge
- Ability to operate work related software
Joining: April 2022
Salary: From 3.6 – 4.8 Lakhs per year
Work hours: Monday – Saturday, 9 am – 5 pm
Office Location – Vaholi village, About 40 minutes from Kalyan station, Thane, MH
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.