S M Sehgal Foundation (SMSF) is a rural, grassroots implementing NGO that operates across 12 states of India, reaching over 4.2 million people and counting. The organization’s mission is to achieve positive social, economic, and environmental change across rural India. S M Sehgal Foundation has five main program areas: Agricultural Development, Water Management, Local Participation and Sustainability, Transform Lives one school at a time, and Outreach for Development.
As part of its project operational in Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh, SMSF seeks to hire an agency to conduct a baseline survey in the selected project villages.
1. Conducting baseline survey in the intervention villages of Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh.
2. Create a detailed baseline study report mapping key indicators to act as benchmark for future evaluation purpose.
S M Sehgal Foundation is implementing a project in Kanpur Dehat, Uttar Pradesh in 10 villages on water, agriculture and livelihood (WAL) interventions. The objectives of the project are:
1. Increase in water availability through the development of ponds for surface water storage and groundwater recharge.
2. Provide knowledge about best management practices to improve agriculture and allied activities.
3. Build the capacity of farmers and improve information dissemination.
4. Develop income-generation business models through women’s groups.
5. Build the capacity of community members to maintain the structures created.
To ensure targeted interventions to generate desired impact, the foundation is looking for a credible research agency to conduct a baseline survey and create a detailed baseline report that will establish reliable baseline data for the project. The baseline study will establish benchmark values as per the objectives of the project in order to track changes happening in due course of project intervention. The baseline study will include key stakeholders of the project, and the results of the baseline survey will establish the reference data of selected indicators for the project.
Interested agencies should submit their technical proposal (only outlining the methodology and approach) and financial proposal by February 8, 2023 to email@example.com