About The Grant
The German Government provides direct assistance and quick relief for the least privileged parts of society through the small scale project programme.
Small scale projects – sometimes referred to as micro projects – have become a constant in Germany’s development cooperation with many countries. Funded by the German Federal Foreign Office these projects stand out with a short planning period and a quick and smooth implementation.
The projects address the basic and urgent needs of the underprivileged, alongside the SDG – the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and aim at achieving improved living conditions beyond the duration of the project.
The areas of activity are manifold: healthcare and sanitary equipment, income generation through education and vocational training, water supply, energy supply, food security, reconstructions after a natural disaster etc.
The Embassy in New Delhi and the Consulates General in Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata and Mumbai are handling the small scale projects independently within their respective administrative districts.
In 2023 the Embassy in New Delhi disbursed € 150,000 for six projects in India and Bhutan.
The project partner must be an:
- experienced NGO,
- registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act for project in India,
- either registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 or the Indian Trusts Act 1882 or the public trust law in force in the relevant state or incorporated under Section 8 Companies Act 2013
The project must be a full project in itself, not part of a bigger project and not co-financed by other donors. Ongoing projects cannot be co-funded under the small scale project programme.
The project partner and the target group should contribute to the success of the project through workforce, overhead expenses like administration and travelling, etc
Please submit your application by 31 January for projectsto be implemented in the same year
Please submit by e-mail:
- Project proposal on the Embassy’s application form provided on this website,
- accompanied by the documents mentioned therein Finance plan
- Proof of registrations as mentioned above
The selection process will take at least two months
Email id – email@example.com
For more information, visit: Link