About the Organization
Founded in 2006 by Sonova Group, the Hear the World Foundation supports projects around the world enabling children with hearing loss to develop appropriate to their age. The foundation focuses on projects in low- to middle-income countries which give children with hearing loss access to audiological care. To this end, the non-profit Swiss foundation provides funding, hearing technology as well as on-site expertise to train local professionals. The expertise is provided by Sonova Group employees who work on a voluntary basis for the foundation.
About the Grant
Hear the World Foundation, together with its partners, is committed to equal opportunities and increased quality of life for children with hearing loss in low- and middle-income countries.
If your organization is committed to the same goals and values as our foundation, you can apply for support in the form of financial resources, hearing solutions from the Sonova product portfolio (hearing aids, cochlear implants, wireless microphone systems), diagnostic equipment and audiological expertise.
The Hear the Word Foundation supports collaborative efforts that will achieve significant and enduring improvements in hearing health for children in low- to middle-income countries.
We support programs and initiatives that:
- Work towards improving hearing healthcare for children in underserved communities.
- Have a holistic program framework and a strong emphasis on building local capacity
- Use evidence-based ways to achieve specified outcomes in hearing health and show willingness and capacities to participate in monitoring and evaluation
- Follow an inclusive approach
We partner with:
- Locally-rooted organizations in low- to middle-income countries
- Professional, legally registered non-profit organizations including NGOs, community groups, hospitals and actors within the private sector, preferably working with local governments and in networks with other organizations
- Financially stable and transparent partners, working towards a self-reliant hearing health care model
How we support our program partners:
- All work is led by program partners
- We provide long-term funding and technological support in the form of hearing technology and diagnostic equipment
- We augment funding with professional expertise and strategic consultancy support
How to Apply
Your next chance to apply for funding for your project or aid organization is from 1st to 28th September 2023.
Step 1: Short application
You may submit a short application between September 1st to September 28th. The link to the short application form will be activated on September 1, 2023. Please note that applications submitted after the deadline cannot be considered.
Step 2: Full application
We will carefully review all submitted application documents and inform you in October whether your application has been shortlisted. In case of a positive evaluation, we will ask you to submit further detailed project information. The deadline for submitting the full application will be communicated to applicants. The final decision on which projects will be funded will be made in March at our Foundation Board meeting. If your project is selected, our cooperation will start in April.
For feedback or further information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit link for more information.